1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root 1% Battery Increment

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KB1616, Sep 18, 2011.

1. KB1616

KB1616 Member
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Has anyone figured out how to mod the battery indicator to show 1% increments?

I know some ROMs have that mod built in, but I was hoping to learn how to do the mod on a stock ROM. I've decompiled the framework-res.apk, added the lines for the stats_sys_battery.xml file. I've also downloaded a UOT Kitchen file to steal all the battery icons. I'm wondering if I just replace the stats_sys_battery.xml file, recompile the apk and zip it up that I could flash this?

Any thoughts? I'm still a noob, and would really appreciate the help!

Best,
    K

Advertisement

2. busted bones

busted bones Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Shipping and Receiving Manager
    That sounds way over my head but since rooting Ive been using battery circle which is an app that shows in the notification bar and shows 1% increments. I know its not exactly what youre looking for but might be a useful alternative for you.

KB1616 likes this.
  3. KB1616

KB1616 Member
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Thanks, yeah I saw the post on that. I'm still trying to figure it out for the mod and had been asking some people in XDA about it. We'll see if there's any development going forward...maybe we just wait for ice cream sandwich to come out, maybe there's something there.

4. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    Entertainment Industry
    West LA, CA
    I'd actually be interested to know as well. The 5-10% increments seems to be a standard Motorola thing, so I'd imagine it's somehow built into the rom. Has anybody explored the discussion on any other Motorola Android phone sub-forums that have the same 5-10% increase indicator? Whether that can be altered or not, via rooting, I'm not sure, but I can't imagine it's not something a lot of people have talked about for other Motorola phones.

I have still yet to root, but I've been loving my experience with the MoPho so much that I really am tempted to do it now. It's hard for me to go that route, since the unrooted phone already does everything I need, but there are some functions that I'm now thinking would be very useful to me (e.g. wireless tether to use my tablet).

5. KB1616

KB1616 Member
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    In XDA, they have Homebase ROM which has the mod in there. Of course u need to be unlocked and rooted...LOL..If the phone does everything for you, no need to fix what ain't broke! Rooting though is a simple process and I love the fact I can back up my phone, access files easily, (rename that damn camera click), etc. I've wanted to see a video tutorial on how to theme properly so I can play around..Regardless, I've really enjoyed my phone too...I've tried Alien ROM, but had some FC issues that put me back to stock...I'm itching for Ice Cream to come out. Youtube Homebase ROM photon by qbking77. It's a great video.