1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 1-Click Rooting Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Optimus_User, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Optimus_User

Optimus_User Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    Do you think this would stop my phone from freezing? My phone freezes and reboots periodically throughout the day.

And if I root it, would it null and void my warranty (30 days return policy for a refurbished phone at Metro PCS)?

Does the root make my phone run noticeably faster?

Is it common that the phone would "brick?"

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

- Rooting alone will not fix it. You will need to install a Custom ROM, changing the OS of sorts. Your current one is faulty, causing the reboot issue. At least, in the past it has seemed to be mainly a software issue.

- Yes your warranty is void. Most Metro stores will not touch a rooted phone, and your LG 1-year warranty will be void as well.

- Rooting alone does not. What you do after is what makes the difference. There are several ROMs to choose from that perform better than a full stock phone. You may also have the option of overclocking your phone, giving it a performance boost.

- Bricking is usually caused by missing an important step, like DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER or DO NOT DELETE EVERY PIECE OF SYSTEM APP YOU SEE. As long as you stick to the updated stuff, you should be fine.

Optimus_User likes this.
  3. jay0920

jay0920 Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Im kinda scared to flash my rom lol

4. mi61470

mi61470 Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    I was scared to flash mine too..heck metro charges a fortune for the phones. I finally got fed up with the freezing and rebooting so I sat down for an hour and followed the instructions on the forums and got it done. I am running sense ROM and rooted my phone. I like the new rom it is faster than the standard one BUT it didn't fix my freezing and rebooting. I think the problem is a hardware problem (Processor, chips, etc.) So I will live with it till the new LG driod phone comes out to metro in september.

Just follow the instructions in the forums and you won't brick the phone.

5. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    You've hit the nail on the head. I was apprehensive at first as well. I didn't have the freezing and rebooting problems, though. I was just fed up with not enough space left on my phone. A new ROM helped take care of that for me. I subscribed to several threads about flashing ROM's, including each of the ROM's that seem to have popularity here; Sense ROM, A-Plus, etc. The biggest thing, is to study, study, read, and study some more. Ask questions, and keep reading. Finally, decide on what ROM you'd like to try and then follow the directions.

Tags: