• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (1 more qeustion)how to copy my sd apps to gingerdx v13?

Hello i installed gingerdx c13 succesfully but my sd apps arent there i use link2sd what should i do?

Hi,

now that you have installed GingerDX you don't need Link2SD anymore.
and all your Link2SD apps previously installed on your X8 will not run.

You need to reformat your SD CD card to single partition FAT32 and reinstall all your apps.

For Link2SD/APPS2SD functions
go to <settings><CyanogenMod settings><Application> select <Allow application moving>
go to <settings><CyanogenMod settings><Application><Install location><automatic>

with GingerDX all you apps will automatically be installed to your sd card.

cheers :)
gabe

p/s Link2SD was a work around to allow apps to be moved to SD Card because Android Eclair 2.1 did not support running apps from SD Card.

Also note that older apps do not support running from SD Card and might not allow the app to move to SD Card

Reactions: orestisssss
Upvote 0
ok thank you verry much but i got 1 more qestion if i format my sd will i lose my phones root, xrecovery, JIT etc or will i only use the games and apps which i got there cause i used full wipe before installing 2.3 cause of infinite loop again thabks for your support and help

Upvote 0
ok thank you verry much but i got 1 more qestion if i format my sd will i lose my phones root, xrecovery, JIT etc or will i only use the games and apps which i got there cause i used full wipe before installing 2.3 cause of infinite loop again thabks for your support and help

Hi,

No, you will not lose root, xRecovery and JIT by reformatting your sd card.
root, xrecovery and jit is on your phone memory it has nothing to do with your sd card. you will lose your personal data, apps and games when you reformat your sd card.

cheers :)
gabe

Reactions: orestisssss
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones