1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

1 verizon account 3 phones 3 gmails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oaklane, Sep 2, 2011.

1. oaklane

oaklane Android Enthusiast

When we signed up with Verizonwireless probably 4 years ago, we were told that both of the phones with the data plan had to be under the same gmail account. Since then I've created another gmail account to attach to my phone. But when my son tries to "google talk" with me it comes in on my phone under the main gmail account and at the same time is going to my husbands phone. Is there anyway to change that with Verizon where the phone account holder and my line have different gmail accounts but under the same plan? I wish when we signed up I questioned that whole concept of must have the same gmail account for both the phones. Our 3rd smart phone in the account has his own email address for his phone. Why can't mine be that way?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Android Enthusiast

now if i read this right it shouldnt matter what gmail acct you use as long as its a gmail acct for the phone. When you start the phone up from out of the box state there is the option to creat a new or sign in and there is where you want to make sure the acct are different for each phone and there is should fix your problem. I hope that is what your looking for. it sounds like you have the same gmail acct on 2 phone which will do that to you

3. Lars

Lars Android Expert

You NEED a separate gmail account for each phone. Someone gave exactly the wrong info. Using the same account on different numbers is not a good idea. You will have to master reset a phone to fix that. You will lose everything on that phone. You can export and import contacts to another account. You can share calendars between accounts. App purchases won't transfer.

Motorola Droid 3 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews