• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1 year contract price for incredible ???

cshipp17

Lurker
Apr 16, 2010
i had to replace my moto driod due to damage about a week ago...
i got a Palm Pre for the 1 year contract price and have the 30 day return period... i want to take it back and get the incredible.
The 1 year store price is around $350 but the verizon web site gives $100 off making it around $250.
Anyone know how I can return the Pre and get the Incredible with the $100 discount in the store?

my droid was completely wet, it had been lying on a bar and pitcher spilled...during a penquins loss... i had purchased it during the first week it was out, starting a new 2 year contract

i took the broken droid to a verizon store, they said the best they could do would be 1 year pricing on any phone...

i really liked the droid, my only compaints being the slide out keyboard and the weight..

I took the Pre for 2 reasons; #1 Price - $119(on the 1 yr contract), #2 Wireless Hot Spot.

The Pre is a nice phone but...the apps store is a joke, and the physical keyboard is really tiny. Really it doesnt even compare to a moto droid...But HOT SPOT is really awesome... Verizon needs to put it on more phones !!!

Reactions: brettlewis
Upvote 0
Our 1 year price was $329 online, minus the instant $100 rebate and the $30 SMART30 discount called in over the phone brought our 1 yr price to $199. I originally went to a VZW store to purchase on the 29th and they wanted $369 and you would have to mail in the rebate. No thanks, not when buying two, it all adds up.

Reactions: cshipp17
Upvote 0
I don't see where there would be a problem with that as long as the price differences could be worked out. AFAIK, right now the one year contract price is $269.99. At least that's what I paid on the online pre-order.

well, they tell me they stoped doing that starting april 1st (probably in anticipation of the incredible)

they are fine giving you the same brand cause they send the broken or troubled item back the manufacturer and give you one that was broken then fixed. They dont want to just give you a new phone at discount price, especially from a separate manufacturer. They also told me that after your one year is up, they will SELL you a refurb of any model you want, and it will be covered. but they want you to wait till the warranty is up on the phone so they get their monies worth. I hate being "THAT GUY" but I feel like I need to bring my fifth droid into a brick and mortar store and go full out "THAT GUY" lay down the law, my law. In a not to mean way, just a reasobaly upset costomer way. take care of me and I wont leave kind of way. I just really hate doing that kind of stuff, thats my moms favorite thing to do :(

Upvote 0
- I have been to many different Verizon stores over the years. Some have employees that wont cut any breaks and come up with all kinds of rules and nonsense... The store where I got 1 year pricing seems to have very laid back employees and managers, and I dont know anyone there personally...they just seem like they dont mind helping a customer out... If you havent already - check some different stores in you area...

Reactions: brettlewis
Upvote 0
i got 1 year contract. 269 with tax equals 316 bucks OTD! not bad? so when the new and next big thing that comes out i don't have to wait extra long..lol plus it was only 69 bucks extra for 1 year.

269 is higher then the price on website, however maybe it depends on your situation. were you upset and leaving a phone, ready for renewal, or able to bargian your way out of a 2 year?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones