• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1 year or 2 year plan with TB?

A one year plan makes sense to me with all of the new phones coming out at the end of the year; however, if Verizon puts a premium on 4G plans within that year, I would probably be better off keeping my "old" plan ($30/month for everything) rather than upgrading my phone (the reason for signing a 1 year contract) and signing a new contract.

So... I guess my question is... do you think that Verizon is going to change the pricing for 4G phones within the next year? I guess I realize that it would only be like a $70 risk, but if its not necessary that I'll just stick with the 2 year plan and save the dough.

Once you are locked into the contract at $30 for unlimited LTE then nobody can F that up but you (by changing our contract in any way shape or form). If you keep it exactly the same forever they have to grandfather you in to that plan ... forever.

Yeah, I know I'll be locked in price-wise until I resign with a 1 or a 2 year plan. But I could try to save $70 by getting a 2 year plan if verizon decides to change the 4G pricing plan within the next year.

Upvote 0
Even if they do and you simply upgrade your phone, as long as you make absolutely no changes to your plan and just renew then it remains the same.

do you mean upgrade as in - buying an upgrade on your own, or -getting the "1 year" or "2 year" price?

If its the latter, I can just get the cheaper upgrade price and not change anything whatsoever? If so, that makes things a lot easier!
:)

Upvote 0
Once you are locked into the contract at $30 for unlimited LTE then nobody can F that up but you (by changing our contract in any way shape or form). If you keep it exactly the same forever they have to grandfather you in to that plan ... forever.

Unless the next generation of phones require a $40 data plan. If you got a new phone, then you had to get a data plan with it. Your voice plan can be grandfathered, but the data plans are based on the phone you have. And I'm guessing at some point the $29.99 plans will not be available for the 4g phones. This is at least my experience going through the website and store when I upgraded to my Eris from a windows phone.

Remember, Verizon considers a data plan as an add-on feature to your voice plan. Thus, you can get grandfathered into a voice plan, but not necessarily the data plan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones