• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

10.2" Wiipad Neno From www.wiipad.us ANYONE?

veeshy

Jul 8, 2010
Hi Guys.

Just wanted to know if anyone has order a wiipad neno from Wiipad:Google android UMPC iPAD

if so do you have any idea of when they aim to send them out to customers?

They are quite bad and replying to emails so i thought i would ask on here if anyone has any experience with them or have been given any updated information?

I hope they are not another rouge company from the far east.

Thought i would start this thread specifically for pre-order customers from Wiipad:Google android UMPC iPAD

Thanks

I haven't read that anyone on this forum has bought one from there yet.

Like justquietly said, the hardware in the WiiPad is very similar to the generic aPad 10.2" with ZeniThink board in it and public review of that hardware has been pretty approving of the device so far so if you bought a WiiPad and it gets sent to you it should be a pretty good device. IF it gets shipped that is. Though saying that, I have no reason to believe WiiPad.us wouldn't send the device to you.

Upvote 0
I sent an email to them yesterday to rocky Huang [huangyan32@hotmail.com]

Heres what i wrote and what he replied

QUESTION:

I haven’t heard from you or Wiipad for sometime now.

Can you confirm if/when the wiipad neno will be sent for delivery?

If I receive no reply then I wish to cancel my order ASAP please, how do I do this

Thanks

REPLY:

Hello, Vishal.
Thanks for the email.
would you please confirm that i should send the model or refund it?
if you want to send it, it can be sent today.
reagrds,
Rocky

CONCLUSIONS?

LOL - What is your view on this?

Upvote 0
LATEST REPLY
============

hi, Vishal.
The package will be shipped tonight. because the package will be shipped to hongkong first and then change a new track number there. so we will give you new track number through paypal account.
Thanks,
Rocky
wiipad

FROM ME
======

Thanks for your reply Rocky

So when should I receive a tracking number in how many days?

I RECEIVED
=========

Hello, Vishal.
Tomorrow night or later next morning. you will get the track number.
Thanks,
rocky

NOTE: I am posting this trail up on here to have clear visibility on how our orders are being handled. I would hate to think these are all lies but fingers crossed for now (at least we have contact)

Upvote 0
I confirm that Wiipad has canceled my order after my request.

I got a full refund through my paypal account.

Now.... i still need a tablet pc ! Any suggestion ? The only good deal until now are those with Rockchip right ? but only 7" screen :(

I heard of another guy who got a full refund when he hadnt heard anything, but it seem weird to call this company a rip off providing they are actually refunding money.

Even got an apology for the long delay too

"My pleasure. sorry for delay so long.
Thanks,
Rocky
wiipad"

Upvote 0
icon_tclp_icon_delivered.gif
Waybill: 1313194621 Signed for by: JESSADA P Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 11:53
Origin Service Area:
arrow.gif
Bangkok - Thailand
Destination Service Area:
arrow.gif
Bangkok - Thailand -
1 Pieces

JD012044258720085959

Saturday, June 12, 2010 LocationTimePieces4Delivered - Signed for by : JESSADA PBangkok - Thailand 11:53

3Awaiting collection by recipient as requestedBangkok - Thailand 11:22

Thursday, June 10, 2010 LocationTimePieces2Processed at Bangkok - ThailandBangkok - Thailand 16:19-
1 Pieces

JD012044258720085959

1Shipment picked upBangkok - Thailand 15:39

Upvote 0
shenzhen is in Thailand and he did actually say it was going to hongkong (bangkok) where it will be given a new tracking number...

So it all stacks up for now.... i actually feel like i will be getting this.... or have i spoke to soon..

Soo as i have this in hand i will be posting a massive review

- battery life
- build quality
- video playback

If there are other areas you would like me to look into then drop me a message.

Upvote 0
I have had a few concerns about the CPU spec and the market place etc so i asked the seller and this is the response i got.

Can you answer some questions for me please

1. What is the CPU speed of the ZT-180 CPU?
  2. How long does it normally take to arrive in UK from Hong Kong?
  3. Does it have flash?
  4. And is it working with the Android Market Place?
  5. did you also include the free case and screen protrector?

REPLY I GOT

==========

Hello, Vishal.
the speed is 1Ghz of cpu.
it has 3rd party google market software of slide Me.
it takes about 3 days to reach you.
I have include a leather case for you. but there is no right size screen protector for it, either too small or too big.sorry for this.
but the the case is expensive one not cheap one.
Thanks,
Rocky
wiipad

So, does anyone know if the info he is giving me is likley to be correct or not as there is conflicting infomation about the CPU speeds???

Upvote 0
Don't know what to make other then the fact that it looks like yet another prototype that won't be on the market anytime soon. My buddy got the 7" Augen one from K-Mart last night and said it's well worth the $150. I realize it's not a super computer and as long as you go into it with this thought I think you will be fine. It's a $150 tablet with some decent features but has much room for improvement. I'm SO fed up with researching this and find another tablet that would be perfect for me only to find that I still can't buy it even months after it was demo'd in 'production form' grrr. I'm going to pick up my 7" Augen tablet tomorrow morning and then I'm going to check out of this segment for a couple or probably even a few months. I'm going to wait and let this all get sorted and my guess is tablets will be the big thing this Christmas season so I look for more competition between stable brand name platforms around Thanksgiving time. Until then... I'm done. I'm SO tired of this unicorn hunt that I'm settling for a mini-pony until all the stallions have their issues sorted and their prices come to within reason. Just my opinion though after watching this segment for too long already.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
From the first line of the specs on that tablet:

'Screen:LCD 7inch, 800*480,Resistive Touch Pane'

I see no reason to pay $40 more than the K-Mart version. If it was capacitive then maybe but as such I'm just going to be happy with the ~$150 K-Mart Augen that seems to offer about the same performance as this one.

The video looks impressive, and looks better than the K-Mart, but I dont know how hard they are pressing in the video.

I dont want a resistive screen. Ill buy an iPad before I start buying up these knock offs with crappy screens.

Upvote 0
The video looks impressive, and looks better than the K-Mart, but I dont know how hard they are pressing in the video.

I dont want a resistive screen. Ill buy an iPad before I start buying up these knock offs with crappy screens.

That's the nice thing about the K-Mart pad. It's $150 which is substantially less than what an iPad costs plus it's local. No waiting for shipping and no hassle for returns if you don't like it. For me anyway it's a cheap way to get an Android tablet to find out what I like or what I don't like. If something better comes along I'll return it or sell it. Either way I'm not out much and would MUCH rather drop $150 on an Android based tablet then $700-$900 on an iPad tablet. I'm not like some people that are expecting a world class electronic device for this price either. Too many people think they're buying an Android powered iPad for $150 which is just foolish. Of course you're not going to like it if that's the case.

Upvote 0
With the specs, Id be happy with one with a decent screen.

The point is that the one in the video is a 7" resistive touch screen with identical resolution. How is it better? Until you step up to a capacitive the performance will be the the same. You can spend whatever you want but I'm just giving my opinion since it was asked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones