1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General 10' drop..explosion of batt., sd, back.. no problem..thanks HTC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Akkuzo, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Akkuzo

Akkuzo Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Today I dropped my magic 10 feet down the gap between a flight of stairs onto a steel floor. I watched in horror as the backplate, battery, and sd card exploded from the phone. I ran down the stairs, put the pieces back together, pushed the power button and it booted right up. There isn't even a scratch on it. Everything is fine. Thank you HTC.

Advertisement

2. jscrimshaw

jscrimshaw Active Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Hotel Night Auditor
    London, Ontario. Canada
    Try that with an Iphone and see what happens.. When I had my Iphone, I droped it when I tried to pull it out of my pocket:eek:.. It fell on its side and the screen cracked:mad:.. Now I got the Magic and its nice to know that its built like a tank.. Thanks for doing the impromptu drop test:D

BTW... Its awesome that your Magic is working though :)

3. tigrr07

tigrr07 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I've dropped my magic out of my jacket pocket a few times and it's pretty durable, but I also have a hard gel case for it, bounces like a ball...lol.

Glad to hear your magic is still working!

4. zba78

zba78 Member

Feb 1, 2010
    England
    Glad to hear it's working fine. Always a heart in the mouth moment when you first pick it up and look at the screen for scratches/cracks. I actually use the white leather pouch that cam in the box. So far no problems

5. Bethbaby

Bethbaby Active Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Cymru Am Byth!! UK
    Yeah mine has endured quite a few drops to the floor... and as I've no carpet in my house it's never a soft landing!!! It is the sturdiest phone I've ever owned!! :)

Tags: