• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

10 to have BoomSound™ Hi-Fi Edition

dontpanicbobby

100% That Guy
Dec 31, 2011
Boston MA USA
I wonder if it will be anything like the Harmon/Kardon Edition™? "Harman/Kardon™ technology Clari-Fi™ which restores all types of compressed digital music, and provides a more life-like headphone listening experience using LiveStage technology." Personally I was hoping for better sound through the external speaker(s) rather than the headphones.

Reactions: today
I wonder if it will be anything like the Harmon/Kardon Edition™? "Harman/Kardon™ technology Clari-Fi™ which restores all types of compressed digital music, and provides a more life-like headphone listening experience using LiveStage technology." Personally I was hoping for better sound through the external speaker(s) rather than the headphones.

They *say* the sound will be better than previous phones with this new tech. But that is easy to say... Need to see a device in store soon!!! Will be interesting to hear in person.

Upvote 0
I just saw that as a reply somewhere else and it reminded me of my younger days when Word was a sign of righteous affirmation. The trademark symbol just made it more techy. Anyway... I found a reviewer who has a M10 and he said the speaker sounds about the same as the M8/M9. I'm extremely disappointed. I was hoping for more bass.

Upvote 0
I just saw that as a reply somewhere else and it reminded me of my younger days when Word was a sign of righteous affirmation. The trademark symbol just made it more techy. Anyway... I found a reviewer who has a M10 and he said the speaker sounds about the same as the M8/M9. I'm extremely disappointed. I was hoping for more bass.
haha!!
I've been posting Word™ here for 6 years ;) which is the reason for the reply, lol. You officially owe me a quarter. On a silly side note, I googled "nightangel79 word™" once and google came up with like 3,000 results. So yea, I say it a lot :D

But hey, as long as it performs as well as the m8/m9 I'm happy

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Joe Fedwa on this weeks Mobile Roar podcast likes the Boomsound™ on the HTC10 he has. It's about the best sounding phone out there so far. As much as I have been enamored of the S7 Egde I think this one will replace my M8. I love my music.

Great to hear positive results/feedback. VZW needs to get this like NOW!

Upvote 0
Great to hear positive results/feedback. VZW needs to get this like NOW!

Over on HowardForums the HTC10 is not getting as much love external speaker sound wise. They're not loving the screen much either. Still I want to see for myself before I decide.

Sounds like Verizon will have an in store display model starting April 29th. I definitely will be going to Verizon to try out the speakers and view the screen prior to potential purchase later (Sprint)
By the specs, the screen should be amazing... Super LCD 5, wider color range, and a super high pixel density.
I hope HTC aren't sourcing screens from multiple suppliers again. I wonder if the calibration of the panel is not so great.

Last edited:
Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Sounds like Verizon will have an in store display model starting April 29th. I definitely will be going to Verizon to try out the speakers and view the screen prior to potential purchase later (Sprint)
By the specs, the screen should be amazing... Super LCD 5, wider color range, and a super high pixel density.
I hope HTC aren't sourcing screens from multiple suppliers again. I wonder if the calibration of the panel is not so great.
29th eh? Where did you see that? Haven't done my news site rounds yet today... Posted on Phandroid?

Upvote 0
That picture though. It did not look good.

No, it did not look good at all. And the reviewer sounded like they knew what they were looking for and what they were looking at... I hope that unit is an abberration
I am now really craving an in depth screen comparison, with some really good photos.

29th eh? Where did you see that? Haven't done my news site rounds yet today... Posted on Phandroid?
I should have linked, but it was early this morning and I was in a rush.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veri...-carrier-to-sell-the-HTC-10-in-the-US_id80325

-----Edit-----
http://phandroid.com/2016/04/18/verizon-htc-10-preorders/
Double checked, the Mother-Ship, Phandroid ran it too. Both links track back to the same 'DroidLife' story

Last edited:
Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
No, it did not look good at all. And the reviewer sounded like they knew what they were looking for and what they were looking at... I hope that unit is an abberration
I am now really craving an in depth screen comparison, with some really good photos.

I should have linked, but it was early this morning and I was in a rush.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veri...-carrier-to-sell-the-HTC-10-in-the-US_id80325

-----Edit-----
http://phandroid.com/2016/04/18/verizon-htc-10-preorders/
Double checked, the Mother-Ship, Phandroid ran it too. Both links track back to the same 'DroidLife' story
Saw that right after I asked, but thanks.
I'll be in store checking it out friday then, rather order from Amazon though

Upvote 0
I saw a couple of external speaker comparisons on YouTube today. The 10 is louder than the M9 but to my ears the M9 offers a fuller soundscape. I guess it's the difference between stereo mix from 2 speakers versus just 1 (although the 10 has 2 speakers it's not trying for that stereo mix that the M8, M9 before it had.)

HTC 10 Sound-Check: How the New Speakers Sound Like

HTC 10 speaker comparison vs One M9

I'd guess there is no way to do a headphone test, is there?

Upvote 0
I saw a couple of external speaker comparisons on YouTube today. The 10 is louder than the M9 but to my ears the M9 offers a fuller soundscape. I guess it's the difference between stereo mix from 2 speakers versus just 1 (although the 10 has 2 speakers it's not trying for that stereo mix that the M8, M9 before it had.)

HTC 10 Sound-Check: How the New Speakers Sound Like

HTC 10 speaker comparison vs One M9

I'd guess there is no way to do a headphone test, is there?

Probably not, as with the other tests, I say you can't be sure till you hear yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones