1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

100% CPU Usage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by curtl, Feb 4, 2011.

1. curtl

curtl Lurker

Is this normal? I don't know Android, I'm a Palm Pre guy, but my son's S that we got him for Christmas has been locking up, so I tried looking into his phone.

We installed one of the Task Manager apps, and killed some processes, and in looking at the System Info tab, I saw that the total processes were adding up to 100%, with the kernel task seeming to take up what the other two categories of tasks didn't, with the free percentage listed as 0%.

So, is that the way it is supposed to be? His battery life isn't that bad, well, at least compared to what I'm used to with the Pre. :)

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I've tried searching and just did't find anything that addressed the cpu usage.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. curtl

curtl Lurker

I forgot to mention that he's been having some problems with lockups that are so bad he has to remove the battery...

3. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

What kind of apps has he installed and how many? You know you can only install so much xxx. ;) You can also consider a hard reset. Thats when it resets it to factory state like out of the box. :p yes he'll loose all his po.. pics

4. curtl

curtl Lurker

He doesn't have a lot of apps installed. He mostly justs texts, you know, like 6000+ a month or something!

We killed off everything running in the background except for the basic stuff, but the CPU was still showing 0% available.

5. apinkel

apinkel Android Enthusiast

Sounds like you've got a task manager that doesn't work correctly with the optimus. Go to settings-->about phone-->battery use. If you've got apps using 100% cpu the battery stats should show Android System with very high battery use.

6. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member

I'd steer clear from the task killers. That can exacerbate your issues. Out of curiosity, is your son's Optimus still using the stock SD card? Surprisingly, that could be causing much of your pain. You might try this and see if that helps.

7. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews