1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips $100 off a tablet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ericDylan, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    $100 off Any Tablet at Staples (Including TF | In store only) - Page 3 - xda-developers

bought mine yesterday before i saw this.

according to people on the thread besy buy and office depot are redeeming this coupon also.

I plan on going back to office depot to see if i can get it redeemed. the only problem i see is that at office depot they put a seal on it that says must return in 14 days if seal is broken only store credit. So if i get anything at all, it might just be store credit. Even if it is, that is a 50 dollar keyboard dock :)
    edit: i linked over to third page but it is on the first.

Advertisement

Chaco and s_special like this.
  2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    Chaco and s_special like this.
  3. s_special

s_special Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    socal
    thank you for posting this. im going to try as well!!

4. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    NW FL

5. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    Yeah I hate Best Buy with a passion. I had to return a laptop that was having issues within the 14 day return period. They made me pay the Idiot Squad $120 to look at it and find nothing wrong. I fought the dumbasses for three hours showing them it was defective before they finally gave me everything back on a store credit. Their prices are so horrible that I've been trying to spend that credit for four years now.

6. busted bones

busted bones Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Shipping and Receiving Manager
    I agree about pricing, but I had the exact opposite issue with them when I had to return a laptop. I bought a Dell Inspirion 15z that had a really shitty hardware issue. Something was wrong with the wireless card amongst many other defects and Dell refused to acknowledge the issue so after 3 weeks of fighting with Dell I walked into BB and told them to just take it and that I didnt care if I got my money back I just wanted that thing gone or else I was going to use it for clay pigeon practice. They took a quick look and saw all of my complaints and let me exchange it even though I had the thing for 3 weeks.

It sucks they dont accept competitor coupons as I would of gotten mine from them as a kinda thank you for the customer service they have given me.

7. rogone

rogone Member
    None

May 20, 2011
    Illinois
    Since your returned the TF BB will credit you back through the BB rewards program for your $10 in rewards bucks. That's the way it has always worked for me if I returned something that I had used BB rewards bucks on.

8. s_special

s_special Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    socal
    staples doesn't carry transformer in my area :(

9. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    I came home empty handed today. Staples wouldn't allow me to order one in store and get the discount; Best Buy wouldn't honor the coupon at all. And Office Depot honored it on all of their tablets except the Playbook and the Transformer.

10. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    NW FL
    Yea I take back that slam on BB...I got an email today that they reimbursed my reward bucks. I guess I was lucky to catch the transformer at Ofc Depot before they caught on..

11. ericDylan

None

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    Sucess!... they reimberesed me with cash and no lame store credit! It went very smoothly too. They didn't give me any problems. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes!

It was at office depot by the way. Some people on the thread said that some stores were making them prove that a local staples had them in stock and available and I knew that none near me did so I was a little woriied but that didn't happen so now I am happy! A transformer for 300!! Cant beat that! Even happier with my purchase than I was before!

12. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    The Office Depot I went to actually had a memo printed out saying what tablets they would honor with the price reduction; guess which one wasn't on there? :mad:

13. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    NW FL
    I'm glad I hustled into my local OD early yesterday morning

14. RRtexasranger

RRtexasranger Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    How is it that Office Depot is honoring this coupon? Do they have some kind of price match that takes coupons into consideration too?

15. ericDylan

None

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes it is there price match guarantee... it is the same as if it was a printed ad from the Sunday paper. I am glad too because can get a lot of apps and a mighty fine micro SD card with a judred big ones :)

I am surprised that a memo was sent out... the sales person who gave me my hundred back did it no problem which makes me think i am not the only one who has used the coupon so if there was a memo my office depot didn't get it !

16. RRtexasranger

RRtexasranger Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    I'm gonna try to use this coupon at my Office Depot then. There nearest Staples is like 30 minutes away as opposed to the nearest Office Depot which is 15 minutes away :)

17. RRtexasranger

RRtexasranger Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Yeah, Office Depot seems to be catching on. I tried to use it their, the manager told me I couldn't use the Staples coupon if I had it before she even went to go get. I wasn't in any mood to argue with her since clearly she had orders already from higher up.

I went to Staples, the guy said the don't sell it in stores, BUT the guy that was serving me said that I can still use the coupon at the store if I order it online from the store. However, Transformers are all out of stock. He said ever since they did that coupon tablets have been flying off the shelves like crazy.

18. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    !
    LOL!! I bet! That's why it blows me away that ANY store would turn away people when THEY WANT TO GIVE THEM MONEY! lol If they made ANYTHING on them after the coupon, which I'm sure they do, I don't see why they wouldn't take them.

Now I have to try to use the coupon from another country, a day or 2 before I get paid all when none of the stores around where my parents are seem to have them in stock. Hope my parents can pull it off!!

19. OneEye

OneEye Lurker
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    I picked up a Transformer on Wed. at Office Depot. Went back yesterday to pick one up for the girlfriend but got denied. They showed me the memo for the coupon good for only the Acer and Blackberry.

20. RRtexasranger

RRtexasranger Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    I hope Staples gets more Asus Transformers on their online stores. I really want to use this coupon.

And how is it that people are getting Best Buy to honor this coupon? My BB doesn't price match competitor coupons.

21. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    Same, they flat out told me they weren't honoring this coupon. One of the people at staples told me he would be unable to give me the discount even if I ordered it from staples.com from inside the store.

22. RRtexasranger

RRtexasranger Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Try another Staples if you happen to have another one fairly close to you. When I went there, the employee was the one that suggested that I purchase it online in the store so I can still use the coupon.

23. tondraj

tondraj Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2010
    My best buy in Pittsburgh price matched the Staples coupon. All the salesman had to do was get it okay-ed by a manager, and I was out the door with the 16GB transformer for $299. I'm letting it charge now, but I really like it from the short amount of time i've played with it.

24. rmp5s

rmp5s Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    That's sick man. My dad said he found the 32gb one but I was hoping to be able to grab a16gb one for 300 like you did. I'd still take the 32gb one though cuz, with the coupon, it's pretty much like getting another 16gb for free.

25. sookster54

sookster54 Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    I rarely shop at BB, but I haven't had any good experience with them, they're usually pretty dumb bunch of people. Funny that FutureShop owns BB and FutureShop is far better.

I'm in Canada, anyone know if this coupon works here? I'm printing it out and gonna head to Staples this weekend.