1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

100 Seconds Between Posts

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by TheItalian, Jan 12, 2016.

1. TheItalian

TheItalian Newbie

Is there a way to shorten this? That's way too long to wait between posts and is a turn-off to contributing.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I believe it's an anti-spam measure, to try and stop rapid-fire multiple spam posts. Anyway FWIW my posts usually take more than 100 seconds to compose and post anyway, like this one.

TheItalian likes this.
  3. TheItalian

TheItalian Newbie

Its ridiculous. I get your point but some people don't write novels on every post and have 100 seconds or more between them.

mikedt likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Frankly I didn't even realize it had a 100 second limit. And my last reply here was 10 minutes ago.

5. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

So is seeing nothing but spam posts over the first two or three pages in a sub-forum. Flood-posting spammers have been a major problem here in the past, so this was decided on as a sensible compromise. I'm sure you understand the situation seeing as you've moderated and/or admin'd forums yourself.

6. TheItalian

TheItalian Newbie

I completely understand because the last thing I want to do on my board is filter through BS posts and use the ban hammer. My point is just 100 seconds is a bit excessive. BUT... not my site so I'll deal.

Unforgiven likes this.