1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

$100 verizon upgrade question.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by draconius, Sep 22, 2011.

1. draconius

draconius Well-Known Member

Do you think we can activate a "dumb" phone, dump the data plan and then "upgrade" to a smart phone and get the $100 gift card verizon is offering?

Advertisement

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

i'm guessing not. There is probably something in there saying you couldn't have had a prior smartphone within X amount of months.

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

there is a 100$ upgrade coming?

btw trophy, i have 2 lines, one is my dx, the other is a ghost esn right now, both are eligible for upgrades, and i can get 2 smartphones with those upgrade if i want.

so i would guess (GUESS) that you could terminate your data plan, activate a dumb phone, then get the 100$ smartphone upgrade because guess what.

you are no longer grandfathered unlimited data, and you will have to pay what we pay $30 for a 2gb monthly plan, which is what verizon wants to do in the first place, so your basically doing what they are trying to get you to do.

just think about it before you do it

trophynuts likes this.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

ahhhhh those sneaky marketing people lol Yeah i'll stick with unlimited Data.

5. VoidedSaint

and thing is, i bet you have to have an upgrade available in order to do this as well

6. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

Every loophole you've think you've found, I'm sure Verizon has already figured a way around it.

7. VoidedSaint

well i spoke to a dietician here in the hospital, and in order to get the $100 gift card, she had to mail in her old dumbphone. so there ya go. send in a dumbphone with it, if you have one, and you may get lucky, or just donate the phone to the red cross for christmas for kids around the world, and or soldiers overseas to call home. i did with my old dumbphones

8. OranL

OranL Lurker

This information comes from an employee of Verizon Wireless corporate.
    So basically, if the computer decides you are part of the target market, you will be marked "eligible" in the system. If you are not eligible, you will not get anything for sending in your phone.

9. draconius

draconius Well-Known Member

She-it... Didn't think about the data and being grandfathered in.. Especially if going with the 4g phones.

THANKS!!!!