• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 100% wake....tried everything.....

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

1. wiped everything, including a factory reset.
2. reflashed the rom. (titanium automatically reloaded all my apps)
3. deleted ALL apps.

STILL 100% wake time.

Do you have any app that auto update in interval less then 10 minutes? Also do you get a lot of push data? When you turn your screen off in your phone, your phone does go to sleep right away, the wifi and bluethooth have a 10-20 minute stay away time. So every time you get data, or receive a message, it wake ur wifi up and and prevent phone from going to sleep for a few minutes. If you are setup for short data update interval, or get regular text MSG or emails, it might be the cause.

Also are you running ATK with Froyo? That could also cause awake issues.

Reactions: bcrtj457
Upvote 0
i have not been running ATK.

auto update, do you mean like in the app? like facebook updating every 1 or 4 hours?

i have both wifi and bluetooth turned off.

if i get regular emails and texts your telling me that it could be causing my phone not to sleep? if this is the case, how do i fix it? my phone was sleeping just fine before (when im not sure, but it hasn't always been 100% awake i know that) and when my phone was sleeping properly, i was getting just as many emails, or text.

i am just so frustrated with this, because no matter what i try, it doesn't work.

Upvote 0
when i open up spare parts and do partial wake usage since last unplugged it says media. when i click media it says:

Partial Wakeclock: Media it's not 100% but it's pretty darn close.

I don't have anything installed on my phone. what is media? i have done anything to my phone since i just wiped it besides sync my google account.

Upvote 0
check your htc facebook version if it is 1.0 it keeps your phone awake. i think there is a way to update it to 1.3 or something that fixes this.

i have never used facebook, so i just use root explorer to remove both the htcfacebook.apk and facebook.apk

open root explore - system - app then find the 2 apk's click on the grey box labeled mount R/W so it changes to mount R/O first. be careful not remove anything you want/need.

i think the market bookmark is still there so it may try to update if you do this, it just fails as there is nothing to update. i just ignore this. maybe unistall facebook through the market first?

Upvote 0
there should be 2 face book apps on your phone. the one i was talking about the version# is the one that comes stock. its called HTCfacebook not the one from the market. i'm not sure how to check the version or how it updates, but it was keeping my phone at 100% wake. others reported this as well. i know very little about using facebook i just know removing both apps solved my problem.

you are rooted right? you will need to have root explorer to be able to remove this app.

Upvote 0
your contacts should sync through gmail.

have you ever used facebook on your phone before or even have a facebook account?

i do not have a facebook account and my contacts sync fine. if you want to keep facebook search the forums on how to update the HTCfacebook app. i think there was a fix for the battery drain it caused. i never looked for it as i do not use facebook at all.

Upvote 0
your contacts should sync through gmail.

have you ever used facebook on your phone before or even have a facebook account?

i do not have a facebook account and my contacts sync fine. if you want to keep facebook search the forums on how to update the HTCfacebook app. i think there was a fix for the battery drain it caused. i never looked for it as i do not use facebook at all.

Yes, I have a facebook account and use it.

when i say contact sync i don't mean the gmail to phone sync, i mean when facebook goes in and changes all your photos and syncs facebook and your contacts together.

I'm getting so frustrated with this. I've wiped my phone at least 10 times in the last few days and i went thru and added apps one by one 2 times now, and it seems my phone is sleeping and then BAM is stops sleeping.

i don't know what to do at this point. I'm getting so frustrated.

Upvote 0
just wiped my phone. (using Amon RA)
re-flashed the newest fresh.
wiped dalvik
wiped cache

didn't install anything
and STILL 100% awake time?

is there something wrong with my actual phone that's causing it stay awake.
It's seriously doubt it's your phone. When you finally isolate what's causing it, it will likely be one of those forehead slapping things that will suddenly seem ridiculously simple and obvious. If you wipe again, only add apps one at a time, then leave it alone for awhile each time and see how your phone behaves. I know it's annoying, but you'll find it. Hang in there.

Upvote 0
Yes, I have a facebook account and use it.

when i say contact sync i don't mean the gmail to phone sync, i mean when facebook goes in and changes all your photos and syncs facebook and your contacts together.

I'm getting so frustrated with this. I've wiped my phone at least 10 times in the last few days and i went thru and added apps one by one 2 times now, and it seems my phone is sleeping and then BAM is stops sleeping.

i don't know what to do at this point. I'm getting so frustrated.

i can't say for sure if its facebook it was just a guess based on what you said. since you've been wiping and installing roms, why not just uninstall both facebook apps for a day and see what happens. you can still access facebook via your web browser. just to test if this is the cause or not.

if it doesn't fix it, you can always flash fresh over your current rom without wiping to get facebook back.

Upvote 0
there should be 2 face book apps on your phone. the one i was talking about the version# is the one that comes stock. its called HTCfacebook not the one from the market. i'm not sure how to check the version or how it updates, but it was keeping my phone at 100% wake. others reported this as well. i know very little about using facebook i just know removing both apps solved my problem.

you are rooted right? you will need to have root explorer to be able to remove this app.

so my having NOT signed into the facebook sense could be why i am seeing my phone sleep now?

is it just the facebook app from the market that's having problems?
or is the the facebook HTC sense?
or is it both???

Upvote 0
so my having NOT signed into the facebook sense could be why i am seeing my phone sleep now?

is it just the facebook app from the market that's having problems?
or is the the facebook HTC sense?
or is it both???

i'm not 100% sure but i was under the impression it was the HTCfacebook. i could be totally wrong tho. i removed them both at the same time.

i guess just try removing them one at a time. i am not really sure how facebook or the 2 apps even work.

if we know that facebook is the issue you are having. i would start a new thread in the general section and just title it facebook. then tell your story and ask about the the 2 apps. i'm sure there is someone out there that knows facebook better then i do and they just aren't here reading the rooting section.

sorry i can't help you too much on which facebook does what, or even why there are 2.

Upvote 0
i'm not 100% sure but i was under the impression it was the HTCfacebook. i could be totally wrong tho. i removed them both at the same time.

i guess just try removing them one at a time. i am not really sure how facebook or the 2 apps even work.

if we know that facebook is the issue you are having. i would start a new thread in the general section and just title it facebook. then tell your story and ask about the the 2 apps. i'm sure there is someone out there that knows facebook better then i do and they just aren't here reading the rooting section.

sorry i can't help you too much on which facebook does what, or even why there are 2.

thank you so much for your help. all i know is now my phone is sleeping as it should. that's all i wanted to know! after wiping and starting over and downloading apps one by one, im pretty sure i've found the "bad" one, and now can figure out how to fix it.
Again, thank you for all your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones