1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

1000ma / 1a chargers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Turbo1002, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Turbo1002

Turbo1002 Newbie

Are 1000ma chargers safe to use with these phones? I don't want to blow up the phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert

Completely.

3. tiede

tiede Android Expert

Well, to be fair, the phone won't literally blow up. I mean, most of the circuit board might get fried, but aside a very distinct burning silicone tint, the smokiness factor of the device would be greatly enhanced!
    WINNING!

But yeah, dude. Don't do it. It won't help charging faster, if that's what you were wondering. Stick with a regular 500mA to 750mA charger. It's good enough... right?
    Hell, I used my GF's low 350mA charger to charge my indulge all the time, and haven't seen a big impact on charging times.
    Of course, I made sure this was a 5v charger though...
    although it'd be pretty hard to actually manage getting all that amperage onto the device, as USB devices draw as much power as they need, and no more. You'd have to trick it into doing it wrong. ;)

4. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert

This is why I said it's perfectly safe. It won't help charge faster, as Samsung limits the current draw in the kernel, but it won't hurt anything. It can't. It's simply impossible.

I charge my Epic on a 2a TouchPad wallwart.

5. tiede

tiede Android Expert

6. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

nize ive also used a black berry charger that is 5v 700 ma charges good.

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews