1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

1000s of duplicate SMS messages -- help!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by desnaz, May 6, 2012.

1. desnaz

desnaz Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Hi:

I'm based in Goa, India, using IDEA cellular for my mobile service.

A friend from Brussels, Belgium sent an sms message about 48 hours ago. On the average, I have been receiving 60 duplicates of the same message every hour, so I've had 1000s of duplicates by now. Needless to say, it's causing a big problem as this is a phone for work purposes and I cannot switch it off.

I have tried calling the IDEA cellular but their technicians promised to look into it twice and call back but they haven't.

Does anyone have a suggestion based on what I presume is an uncommon but not unknown inter-network communication bug?

Please advice.

Desmond Nazareth
    desnaz@yahoo.com

Advertisement

2. Shengxin

Shengxin Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 16, 2012
    If this only happens with that text message sent from your friend in Brussels, there is nothing wrong with IDEA cellular or your device. There might be a network interface issue between your friend's telco and yours. You might want to ask whether IDEA cellular can fix the problem, or filter the messages from that interface so that no duplicate copies will be delivered to your device.

3. desnaz

desnaz Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Thanks, Shengxin... I have done precisely that and hope that IDEA can fix the problem on the receiver's end network interface.