• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

101 Awesome Apps for Andriod!

norweger

Sep 27, 2011
I've seen many lists at PCworld and such, but I can't say I get so much out of them. I'd like to hear from you, which apps you think is the best for Andriod. So, let's try to get this list to 101 (and maybe more!). I'll begin:

1) Opera Mobile (needs no further introduction!)

2) ASTRO file manager (makes browsing the files easy, just like explorer on the PC)

3) DropBox (If my phone gets stolen, I'll have all my files handy!)

4) Mobilsle Notes - To Do (the best to do lists available - costs money though).

5) Documents to Go (Have to have it for Word, Excel, .pdf reader)

Now, you can continue! Which apps do you use, and why are they awesome (or handy :cool:)?

Reactions: MAT FAIZ
@DoDoarant. You can password protect it (built in), you can reset it remotely, and you can also use HTC Sense to reset the whole shebang. There's a lot of options. And you can set it to have a backup of previous dates. Let's keep the thread rolling.

11) 3G Watchdog (if you have a data plan with limits, it will be really valuabe as it displays how many MB you've used the past month, and how long it is until you've reached your quota).

Upvote 0
I've seen many lists at PCworld and such, but I can't say I get so much out of them. I'd like to hear from you, which apps you think is the best for Andriod. So, let's try to get this list to 101 (and maybe more!).

Already have a list for this with way more than 101 app's on it.

It's the sticky on this forum entitled:-

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/335976-best-category-app-thread-list.html

which already contains people's idea of "best" app's.

Hope this helps. :D

Reactions: norweger
Upvote 0
@DoDoarant. You can password protect it (built in), you can reset it remotely, and you can also use HTC Sense to reset the whole shebang. There's a lot of options.

Please show me how or where to set a password in DropBox, because I don't see it (e.g. in the Preferences).

And you can set it to have a backup of previous dates.

No thanks, I can handle only one date at a time.

Upvote 0
Here's my must have apps

11. QuickPic - The best picture viewer/browser/gallery!

12. Root Explorer - The ultimate file manager for root users!

13. AlarmDroid - A feature-rich alarm clock application.

14. AndroSS - An open source, ad free, app for screenshots...the best!

15. FriendCaster - A light, fast, stable substitute for Facebook.

16. Zedge - One stop shop for free tones and wallpapers

17. Vaulty - Used to hide media files you don't want just anyone to see

18. Crackle - Watch full-length Hollywood movies & TV shows on your phone. Free and on demand.

19. App2SD - Moves apps from phone storage to your SD card

20. MyBackup/MyBackup*Root - Full featured, easy to use backup utility

21. Titanium Backup - A must have for all rooted users, it's the swiss army knife of Android!

22. XDA - Member of XDA Developers? U gotta have this app then

23. DSPManager - Simple, easy to use equalizer for your phones speaker, headphones and bluetooth.

24. PowerAMP - A powerful media player

25. Superuser - Allows you to make root level changes to your phone

+1 for Opera, Handcent, 3G Watchdog

Upvote 0
26. MX Video Player (In my opinion, best free replacement video player)

27. Emit (Combined with PC/Mac/Linux desktop client, allows you to stream movies saved on your pc over wifi/3g/4g)

28. IMO (Great free multi-platform instant messaging application - p.s. for people who hate IM apps that disconnect, I RARELY experience disconnects, almost never, and i've tried all free IM apps!)

29. Ventriloid (Ventrilo for android)

30. Set CPU (For root users only, allows you to control your cpu speeds to save battery while phone is idle, etc)

31. Netflix (Speaks for itself lol)

32. Awesome Drop (Free app lets you drag and drop files from your PC into your phone easily)

33. Optimus Memory (For root users only, optimizes memory for better performance)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones