• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

11/19/10: New Radio Baseband Update. - 2.42.02.10.29.

I would assume he would, but I guess I will find out soon enough, LOL, I will wait to see someone that flashed it on AOSP to make sure they have no issues, mine is working just fine right now, LOL ;)

I was under the impression that one had to flash radio basebands separately from ROMs. But, if the AOSP Android 2.2 ROM does include it, that would be nice.

Let us know if it does. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Chit I think I just messed something up in my phone, I was reading a post on how to flash a radio, and it said to shut the phone off and then hit the power and home button at the same time, and that cleared the data, lol it is rebooting now, hope it didn't wipe my SD card out, LOL Seems like I reset the whole damn phone, and I didn't have a back up of that one, LOL well looks like it is back to the drawing board, live and learn

This post here, Flash A Radio Update - Root Your HTC Hero

Upvote 0
K is it flashed like a Rom, and is it needed, never flashed a radio yet, I was going to wait for AOSP next update, and what is S-Off ?? as the post says I really don't want to brick my phone.

S-OFF means that your bootloader (HBOOT) is completely unlocked. I am not sure if our Sprint HTC Hero bootloaders are unlocked by default if we root.

If you go to the UnrEVOked website they have an option to set S-OFF. So, I am inclined to believe that our handsets are not set to S-OFF by default, but then again, andygu3 had no issues flashing the new radio baseband.

Upvote 0
Well I will wait until Andy gets back, as I cleared my whole phone, thank god I had a back up from a week ago so the pain was not that bad. I set everything back up in about 10 minutes with the help of Titanium backup. If you check the link I posted above, you will see they say to hit the power and the home screen, and that had a couple of options, and by mistake I hit the damn trackball and it cleared everything out and reset the whole phone. :mad:

S-OFF means that your bootloader (HBOOT) is completely unlocked. I am not sure if our Sprint HTC Hero bootloaders are unlocked by default if we root.

If you go to the UnrEVOked website they have an option to set S-OFF. So, I am inclined to believe that our handsets are not set to S-OFF by default, but then again, andygu3 had no issues flashing the new radio baseband.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Flashed fine, was a little nervous after the first fiasco error I did by reading that post I found and hitting the trackball by mistake and wiping everything out but at least this time I have a fresh backup, LOL, but all is good, have the latest radio now ;)

I posted how to do it, didn't you have faith in me?:p:p

Download radio
Boot into recovery
Flash radio
Reboot phone

Upvote 0
I didn't notice your post, I always have faith in you bro, you are a great asset to this forum and I appreciate what you do, and the link posted here was not the correct one for us, but all is good now, XDA helped out Last night. I have a good back up now, LOL :D

I posted how to do it, didn't you have faith in me?:p:p

Download radio
Boot into recovery
Flash radio
Reboot phone

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The one you posted was for those using Firerats Mod and seems to be a different process in flashing, has to be done in Hboot, the same reason why I was getting confused, and then messed my phone up, as i booted in Hboot as the thread mentioned that I posted, and once there, I did not know what to do, didn't really have many options( I guess I could of pulled the battery out )instead I hit my scroll ball by mistake with my thumb and I assume it was on the wipe feature which is a FR so it wiped everything out, LOL but hey it is a learning curve, this was my first radio also, lol :cool: The link I posted was a breeze and as Andy posted took no more that 4 minutes from start to finish and as simple as flashing a new Rom, simply quicker

Can you explain the difference between the radio I linked originally and the on you just linked? I just want to understand for future reference so I do not screw up my handset.

Thanks. Your help is much appreciated.

Upvote 0
I didn't notice your post, I always have faith in you bro, you are a great asset to this forum and I appreciate what you do, and the link posted here was not the correct one for us, but all is good now, XDA helped out Last night. I have a good back up now, LOL :D

Well, you thanked me for my post in the CM6 thread, lol.:p:p:p

I understand;) To brick or not to brick, that was your question. Never hurts to get more information:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones