1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

+11-216-116-11 text using valid 10 digit number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The Jester, Feb 9, 2011.

1. The Jester

The Jester Lurker

I receive this error when trying to text a couple numbers in my phone book. It tells me that I need to use resend using a valid 10 digit number. It does not happen on all numbers in my phone just a couple.

I have tried deleting the contacts and re-entering the phone numbers, but that does not solve the problem. If I receive a text from one of these numbers, I cannot respond to it because I receive the same error.

When I receive a text from one of these numbers, it shows up with the contact name, but only a seven digit number (the number minus the area code).

Any help out there?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The Jester

The Jester Lurker

Additional information: I just tried messaging this number through google voice. It worked fine.

3. evileyez3

evileyez3 Newbie

I've had the exact same issues. I came to the conclusion that it has something to do with phone numbers that used to be landline numbers. Well, this is true in my case. Apparently AT&T sees these numbers as landlines and can't receive text messages. I too, can receive messages but cannot send to these numbers. I could be wrong but this is what I've concluded. Hope this helps.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews