• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 11 apps and low memory warnings.. surely not?!

scrattyrat

Oct 29, 2010
I have had my desire a few days and installed about 11 apps and some widgets.

I am getting repeated warnings about low memory even after uninstalling google earth - I have 14.23mb of available internal memory. Should that happen?

My contacts storage shows up as 84.93mb - im guessing after syncing with facebook. Can someone tell me what 'clear data' of Contacts Storage' will do? will it delete contacts? Clear Cache is unavailable. I have removed and added the HTC facebook app several times and resynced after having my calendar swamped by facebook birthdays i did not want. I now have worked out how to stop that but was kind of hoping i could keep the contacts synced. Is it possible contacts storage is so high due to repeated syncing?

I dont really want to have to root my phone in order to install apps tp SD card - i was under the impression 2.2 let me do that anyway, but from all the 11 apps i have only 1 has let me do so.

Is it expecting too much to be able to install more than 11 apps? I got the phone with the expectation of having many many more apps than that to be honest and am beginning to think ive made a mistake?

Thanks Danfrance,
i cleared out the contacts and resynced my google contacts and the contacts storage went down to a reasonable amount. Im going to look into what you said about non-rooting move to SD.

I re-added Facebook for HTC and 'unchecked' sync contacts, but it still pulled in all the facebook contacts and the storage went up.

I dont really want all my facebook contacts showing in the phone as there are too many, but i would like to link the contacts i have in my phone to any that match facebook ones as its cool to have the facebook pictures and statuses showing instead of the 'anonymous' head. But i think as i have all my contacts only on google account rather than 'phone' this might not be possible

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones