• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

12/18/11: Amazon accepting orders again!

The January 6th delivery I have is for the 64GB in gray. That's the only unit I ordered.

I actually just ordered the dock to go with it - also through Amazon - with an expected delivery date of January 26th-February 9th...

Ok. It's hard to compare apples to apples here (bad example here? yikes), when some are one color and some the other, and then two different sizes. I do see numerous postings though of 32gb champagnes being shipped and received. And I believe (but not certain) that I've seen some of these orders fall after mine. Oh well, nothing I can do but wait, as impatient as I am.

Upvote 0
Ok. It's hard to compare apples to apples here (bad example here? yikes), when some are one color and some the other, and then two different sizes. I do see numerous postings though of 32gb champagnes being shipped and received. And I believe (but not certain) that I've seen some of these orders fall after mine. Oh well, nothing I can do but wait, as impatient as I am.
JackG058,

I ordered the 32gb champagne on Nov 22nd as well and mine has been showing the Jan 11th date almost since I ordered it.

So don't feel like the lone ranger.. :)

Rusty

Upvote 0
JackG058,

I ordered the 32gb champagne on Nov 22nd as well and mine has been showing the Jan 11th date almost since I ordered it.

So don't feel like the lone ranger.. :)

Rusty

Yes, I remember that you are in the same boat as me. I hope both of our dates get moved up! Anyway, Amazon had already given me a free upgrade to overnight (I'm a Prime member so would have had 2 day anyway), so I don't really fault them. Their customer service is really top notch, in my experience. Asus hasn't handled this launch well at all, but in the end I know they make really solid products, and I'm sure the Prime will be worth the wait. I was just hoping to have one of my 3 day weekends to play with this thing. :) And my wife is waiting patiently for me to give her my 1st generation iPad. I'm ready to be done with lawsuit happy Apple.

Upvote 0
I also did the PO of a 32gb champagne on day 1 (22 Nov), and my order STILL says estimated delivery date of 5 Jan 2012. That's the part that frosts me the most, is that others who ordered the same thing the same thing as I are getting theirs now or very soon, while I still have to wait until the end of the first week of the New Year.

Then it must have come down to time of day and my order was earlier and beat you to whatever cutoff their system has set for "batch 1" and you made it into "batch 2". Sorry bout your luck.

Upvote 0
Yes, I remember that you are in the same boat as me. I hope both of our dates get moved up! Anyway, Amazon had already given me a free upgrade to overnight (I'm a Prime member so would have had 2 day anyway), so I don't really fault them. Their customer service is really top notch, in my experience. Asus hasn't handled this launch well at all, but in the end I know they make really solid products, and I'm sure the Prime will be worth the wait. I was just hoping to have one of my 3 day weekends to play with this thing. :) And my wife is waiting patiently for me to give her my 1st generation iPad. I'm ready to be done with lawsuit happy Apple.

I hear ya on the 3 day weekends. Thats what I was hoping also.

Upvote 0
I put in an order for a32gb gray model at 6:45 am on 22nd. My order got cancelled by amazon!

BUT in your specific case you ordered the Amehyst color, the one that was most popular. So, those sold even quicker and when it came time to cut orders, your 6:45 am didn't cut it. Plain and simple and pretty logical reasoning. It is not JUST time it would be color and time and size related but the guy I quoted and I ordered the same day same size and same color and only difference would be time of day... thus, there is the obvious reason.

Upvote 0
I wasnt arguing with ya...just stating the time I ordered it and that they must have sold quickly....

Also after seeing the xda thread, it almost looks like the ones shipping are all the gold ones....maybe no grey ones are going out.

Check that....looked on ebay and peeps are selling grey ones. Love how 500 dollar tablet sells for 700+ during the holidays on ebay. I'll wait...

Upvote 0
Anybody order the Champagne 64GB lately and know what time frame they are giving you. I decided to stick with my 64GB champagne order from amazon, but they haven't updated the estimated delivery date in a while.

Do you have a date ?

I don't even have a date..just this...

"We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time. Not yet shipped"

Upvote 0
I ordered the 64GB Champagne on 11/22 and it has said January 18th for a while. I actually have a 32GB Amethyst Grey from office depot sitting on my desk unopened, keep going back and forth on if I can wait for the champagne in 64GB. Got another week before I can no Longer return it. Just not in love with the purple color.

Upvote 0
I know it's frustrating waiting for it, but for me, it was so worth waiting on. I was fortunate and got it Friday afternoon right before the long, New Years weekend. I've been on it constantly. Already filled it up with all of my music, videos, apps, and books, so I've inserted an 8GB microSD card until my 32GB microSD gets here on Thursday. Plus my dock shows delivery date of the 5th so I should be good to go by this weekend. It is a beautiful device. My WiFi has been as good as my laptop, getting similar downloads speeds, so I'm a happy camper. Best wishes to each of you as you await the reward for your patience. :)

Upvote 0
Anybody order the Champagne 64GB lately and know what time frame they are giving you. I decided to stick with my 64GB champagne order from amazon, but they haven't updated the estimated delivery date in a while.

I had an order for the Champagne 64GB, and for a couple of weeks Amazon showed a delivery date of Jan 25 - Feb 10. Sometime over the past couple of days, that changed to the "we'll notify you" line, so I cancelled the order. Are people still receiving the TP? Is ASUS only shipping the Amethyst Gray 32GB version? I've no real issue with delays, so long as the company involved explains what's going on. The silence from ASUS has been deafening.

Edit/update: Just ordered a 32GB Amethyst Gray from Office Depot; should be here Friday. I decided I didn't care that much about the color (I'm planning to use a case anyway), and that I should save $100 by going with the smaller storage capacity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones