• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

12 mercedes cannot display contacts anymore

I have a 2013 W204 4matic (Wife has the 2014 C117 4matic) and have not had any issues to date with either vehicle. If you have done nothing to your device you might try a few things like 1) Go into Settings then Apps then Android Auto and clear the memory for AA. 2) You can go to Settings then Connected Devices and find your MBZ connection and forget it, then re-pair the device and then see if AA connects. A last ditch effort would be a Factory Data Reset which would require you to do the setup again. Unfortunately, MBZ is light years behind the other auto manufactures that adopted AA & Car Play early on. MBZ did not arrive at the party until 2018. I sure wish there was a way to enable the ability to respond to SMS/Text Messages hands free. It drive me nuts not being able to respond like I do in the other vehicles. I will go after market when the warranty is out in another year or two. Let me know how it works out as I spent 7 months battling AA after the December 2017 OS update which crippled Android Auto/Car Play.

Reactions: TheMollywolf
Upvote 0
I have a 2013 W204 4matic (Wife has the 2014 C117 4matic) and have not had any issues to date with either vehicle. If you have done nothing to your device you might try a few things like 1) Go into Settings then Apps then Android Auto and clear the memory for AA. 2) You can go to Settings then Connected Devices and find your MBZ connection and forget it, then re-pair the device and then see if AA connects. A last ditch effort would be a Factory Data Reset which would require you to do the setup again. Unfortunately, MBZ is light years behind the other auto manufactures that adopted AA & Car Play early on. MBZ did not arrive at the party until 2018. I sure wish there was a way to enable the ability to respond to SMS/Text Messages hands free. It drive me nuts not being able to respond like I do in the other vehicles. I will go after market when the warranty is out in another year or two. Let me know how it works out as I spent 7 months battling AA after the December 2017 OS update which crippled Android Auto/Car Play.

Thank you! I got it working

Reactions: timm9
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones