• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

13 Films so bad they stopped careers...

Heck, I liked all of them except Battlefield Earth. That was the worst SciFi I ever saw and I've seen alot.

Agreed. It's truly awful.

Some of those were funny, but literally half the list featured actors whose careers recovered. So yea... I call foul, haha!

Oh I don't know, I think most of those actors have sunk without trace. Surprisingly, Spielberg really dumped all over the Indiana Jones franchise with Crystal Skull, but at least Harrison Ford has Star Wars, even though he hates it.
But let's face it, these are mostly established actors, in the twilight of their careers, and frankly they've made their millions, so they really don't care if they're in a stinker of a movie. It's a few extra $$$ in the bank.

Upvote 0
Agreed. It's truly awful.

Oh I don't know, I think most of those actors have sunk without trace. Surprisingly, Spielberg really dumped all over the Indiana Jones franchise with Crystal Skull, but at least Harrison Ford has Star Wars, even though he hates it.
But let's face it, these are mostly established actors, in the twilight of their careers, and frankly they've made their millions, so they really don't care if they're in a stinker of a movie. It's a few extra $$$ in the bank.
Almost all of those actors are still relevant, at least half (without getting all scientific about it). And yes, established actors surely don't care, which is why I call foul on the article. It's borderline clickbait... imo of course.

Upvote 0
Quite frankly if a movie doesn't have a theatrical release, that's not major IMO, i.e. it's a TV movie, like on HBO or something.

Yes, that's why I stated *most* were major, the ones that were not may have been straight to dvd movies. But those are still worthy, I've watched many excellent straight to dvd movies, fwiw

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones