1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 14 days almost up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by speedracer68, Jun 23, 2011.

1. speedracer68

speedracer68 Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Ohio
    The window to return my x2 ends on Saturday, and while I was initially very happy with the phone, the issues that many have had are starting to crop up. Random reboots, music issues and other little bugs.

Do you think that Gingerbread is going to take care of these things or would I be better off getting something like the dinc2?

LTE isn't going to be in my area probably until 2013 so these two devices represent the best that Verizon had right now that would be most useful to me.

Advertisement

2. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    I had the same issues. IMO, best to return it and see if the issues are fixed, rather than continue dealing with it.

Back using my Inc and will get whatever comes first. DX2 update that fixes the issues, Bionic, or the GS2.

speedracer68 likes this.
  3. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    personally even if you didn't have any issues i would return it depending on what your ex device is. If your old device is one you can live on for a while i would definitely take the DX2 back and wait till something mo betta came out. Which should be soon...personally i'm eying that Droid3

speedracer68 likes this.
  4. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Return it! The DX2 is turning up on all the local craigsists,and they arent selling! I can buy a used on now for 200-250 here.... Its been out over a month,and theres really nothing for it,and I dont believe anyones in a hurry to support it with roms,recovery or gingerbread....I hope they come soon,for all those who are waiting patiently,I wasnt rooting without SBF,or clockwork.....and my particular phone was loaded with bugs and issues....

speedracer68 likes this.
  5. speedracer68

speedracer68 Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've decided to stick it out with this at least until Christmas. If it gets worse, or doesn't get any updates, I'll unload it and use my Christmas bonus to get whatever seems to be good then.

6. John58543

John58543 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    West Texas
    Return it.

7. addictedtocars

addictedtocars Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    I have been going back and forth between X2 and Droid Charge. I was having issues with X2, particularly battery life, but did a factory reset and ran it pure stock for 2 days and get 9-12 hours min use easily now, but the phone lags at times, can not play any of my MP4 files that play on my Droid Charge and iPad2 fine. Also 3G sucks here in ATL, I get 200-300k down and under 100k down most of the time. The Charge seems very well optimized, nver laggy and actually feels faster than Moto-Bloat I think I'll live with battery life issues on DC for now and go back to blazing 4G. And I am going to hope the Bionic is as good with battery as Atrix 4G and I will be all over Bionic.

8. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Low ram is the root cause of the main DX2 issues and I stick to my guns there is not 512 mb of FUNCTIONAL ram, regardless of Tegra 2 allocation. The DX2 behaves exactly like a 256 mb ram device in regards to available ram.

9. speedracer68

speedracer68 Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Ohio
    I've been fooling around with this some more and I apparently wasn't using V6 supercharger correctly. It wasn't loading the script at boot, which may explain why things got a little wonky. I also added SD increase, which so far seems to have boosted performance a bit.

If I'd kept my droid 2, I would have taken this back and just waited for the Bionic.

The phone has been running pretty good for the past day with no random reboots or music popping.

I guess if Gingerbread shows up I'll have to decide whether to install that (since I'm sure it will break root) or just leave things the way they are until I decide what I'm going to do.

Seems like Motorola rushed this to market without really optimizing the software to run with the hardware.

10. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Fair assumption. The Bionic got delayed, so Moto needed to fill the void with the DX2, earlier than expected (if VZW corp store manager perspective is correct).