• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

14 years maximum imprisonment Police Smart cars trial

OK so a better one is Two States are trying to give people Tickets while walking and using a phone or listening to an Ipod. This world really needs a rude awakening to what constitutes invasion of privacy.
For the last 63 yrs of my life I made it through childhood playing on playgrounds without mats, driving in cars without seat belts and mind you at 100mph. playing baseball with no helmet or football without padding that made me look like the dougboy. We were allowed to bring and put 22 rifles in our lockers. We had a rifle team and range in our JHS and HS. No one ever shot their eye out, or went after another person. I can go on and on, So you know what ALL OF YOU WHO think I need to be told what I can use in my car or while walking, how much salt I am allowed to intake and what type of Doug nuts I am allowed to eat in NYC....YOU ALL CAN GO FUK YOURSELF. Yous stay out of my life and I will not try to impose what I feel you should be doing. I have about had it with all your progressive ideas and that the RIGHT is the problem in this world. Because up to last year I was a DEMOCRAT. It seems like it is the LEFT that are the ones rioting all over the world and trying to kill my members of Congress.
I think after doing 2 tours in NAM and having 3 bullets put into me then having a Tower fall on me, I have every right to walk drive or listen to anything I want without being harassed by anyone. I know how to drive change a radio station or look at a GPS. Or even talk on a phone with a hands free device. I have not mowed anyone down or swerved into on coming traffic. Maybe people should learn to drive before they try to use other devices in their cars. Just like people need to learn to walk and chew gum before they try to talk on a phone and walk.....

AMERICA and even the world GET A LIFE

Upvote 0
Not to protect people from themselves, to protect people from other selfish idiots who decide that taking a phone call while driving through a busy urban environment is more important than paying full attention, take a corner too wide, can't rectify the mistake fast enough due to only having one hand on the steering wheel, and thus plough into a guy standing waiting for the lights to change so he can cross the road to meet his fiancee. Now he's in a wheelchair, a promising rugby career ended and unable to father the family they were looking forward to starting. It's hard to be in favour of "responsibility" when you've seen a friend's world torn apart because of someone else's lack of it. :(

You can replace phone call with many things; radios, eating, GPS, maps, kids in the back, scratching your foot... are you gonna pass unenforceable laws, that have no real effect, and might cause more accidents, to ban all those things, so you can feel safer? Hell, why not ban driving? Its dangerous, and some moron might jump a curb and kill you.

This is the genius of this... If I read something off my phone, like directions to my destination, its a ticket. If I print it out, and read it off a piece of paper, I've done nothing wrong.

As for your friend, that really sucks, and my heart goes out... but no amount of laws and tickets will stop people from being idiots and hurting others.

Upvote 0
As for your friend, that really sucks, and my heart goes out... but no amount of laws and tickets will stop people from being idiots and hurting others.
It does more than suck, I can assure you. He was suicidal for months - the things he lived for were taken from him. I agree with your point about being unable to stop people being idiots, though. Neither laws, the threat of fiscal penalties or pleas to their better nature will stop some people from demanding the right to do whatever they want because they think they're more capable than the next idiot. Unfortunately that same right isn't extended to the victims of their idiocy. It's difficult to do whatever you want when you're paralysised from the waist down. Or dead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones