1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

$149 SGS Epic Touch

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by noirchat, Sep 12, 2011.

1. noirchat

noirchat Lurker

Advertisement

2. pappabacon

pappabacon Well-Known Member

I got mine from Walmart/Letstalk for $99.

3. unplugged1

unplugged1 Android Enthusiast

The only significant difference between Wirefly and Amazon is that Amazon provides free second-day shipping. I think Wirefly charges $7 for second-day.

I think you are referring to a new line. The Wirefly and Amazon charges are for an upgrade.

4. pappabacon

The Amazon deal was $149 for a new line, same price as an upgrade.

5. unplugged1

I know. I was stating that the Walmart price you are referring to is for a new line, not an upgrade.

6. pappabacon

I didn't say it was for an upgrade. The OP didn't indicate if he was upgrading or not. I was just indicating the price for the Walmart one.

7. Shouse

Shouse Member

Regardless, Walmart has gone up $20 across the board.
    I think I'll give Amazon a try?

8. pappabacon

They (walmart) are offering waived activation, which was $36 when I ordered mine. I don't know if that is the same for upgrades.

9. Shouse

Shouse Member

Yea, I shoulda caught that. Activation isn't waived for anyone anymore is it (unless you have a deal)? Gold, silver, doesn't matter right?

10. eyecon82

eyecon82 Well-Known Member

Or a corporate discount that dictates that you do not get charged activation fee

11. Shouse

Shouse Member

corporation discount? I believe I have this (on a family plan so not in full understanding of it all). Can you elaborate? Trying to find the best deal out there for a renewal w/ my setup.

12. eyecon82

eyecon82 Well-Known Member

Yep. Most but not all have free activation as part of the agreement with sprint. I know mine does. Call account services to verify.

13. Shouse

Shouse Member

Ordered from Walmart wireless for $149 plus free activation (don't need it anyways). The lady asked for my driver's license number and full social security. That seem odd to anyone else?

14. unplugged1

Amazon Wireless does not request a SSN, Wirefly only requests a SSN, no driver's license. I suspect the reason they request such excessive and unnecessary ID is because they want to be able to track you down if you make off with the phone without keeping a plan with Sprint.