• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 15 Day City ID trial expiration

kibble

May 4, 2010
Anybody else receive their 15 day CityID trial expiration? I just got mine right now and I hit No when it asked if I wanted to keep it for $1.99/month.

The funny thing is that ever since I got my phone, I haven't been bothered with reminders or anything from City ID. I saw it once when I got the phone and haven't seen it again until now. I've read that some people were constantly getting bothered with reminders about the 15 day trial.

It's not that I don't like what it does, it comes in somewhat handy for figuring who's calling you, especially when you don't know the number, it's just that $1.99/month for something like that seems like too much. I think I'd be ok with it if maybe it was $0.50 or something. I hardly make/receive phone calls as it is anyway, most of my usage is data and txt messages (thankfully I have $2.99 unlimited txt messaging to anyone :D). Since I got my phone on April 27th, I only have about 50 logged calls on my phone, not including a few missed calls.

Upvote 0
It's not that I don't like what it does, it comes in somewhat handy for figuring who's calling you, especially when you don't know the number, it's just that $1.99/month for something like that seems like too much. I think I'd be ok with it if maybe it was $0.50 or something. I hardly make/receive phone calls as it is anyway, most of my usage is data and txt messages (thankfully I have $2.99 unlimited txt messaging to anyone :D). Since I got my phone on April 27th, I only have about 50 logged calls on my phone, not including a few missed calls.

Where do you get $2.99 unlimited text?

Upvote 0
In an effort to find a free replacement for this program, I found Voice Caller ID. That's pretty cool!

Voice Caller ID - Android app on AppBrain

It reads off the name of the person calling. It has good settings and works flawlessly - except spelling out 'p-r-i-v-a-t-e" - but that's OK.

I loved that feature on my old Voyager. I always knew who was calling without having to look at my phone!!! :)

Upvote 0
Where do you get $2.99 unlimited text?

+1.......I couldn't negotiate any deal with Verizon on text messaging plans....

You can't get it anymore, this was something that was offered sometime back in 2001. I refuse to change my plan because of it. The only thing I had to add back in 2004 was unlimited data because that's when I got my first PDA phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones