• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 15$ htc battery doubled my battery life

da9b20

May 6, 2010
its listed on ebay as OEM origional but doesnt say the incred. HTC RHOD160
it says for hero rodeo snap touch pro and tilt. seller is bidallies 15 buck with shipping. i read about it on this forum somewhere and just tried it. after i broke it in i can easly use my phone for 2 days. before i was 1 day heavy use. long story short and i will reply to questions.

it fits like normal.
it is HTC.
my phone was a preorder and i had it from the 1st day
i use the sh!t out of my phone
on the average, i got 1 day of juice OEM battery.

Reactions: JoeIncredible
2 OEM HTC RHOD160 DASH 3G TILT2 TOUCH PRO2 SNAP BATTERY - eBay (item 260639124444 end time Jul-28-10 18:39:05 PDT)

is this the one?
It says it brings two?

I just bought these... will post how they are when they come in. For $15 you can't really go wrong even if they are the same as my original.

Upvote 0
I got the 1500mah from Bidallies 2 days ago it's great. It lasts longer than the Seidio 1750 (~ 15% and 1/3 the cost!) and lasts longer than the stock 1300 (~ 20-25%). Fast shipping as well it's very much worth it.

I've been using the Seidio since 4-29 and this 15$ battery lasts longer for me. They are both quite a bit better than the stock 1300mah.

Reactions: Markus729
Upvote 0

I bought these and WOW! What a difference! In stead of waking up, taking the phone off of the charger and hoping I make it home 13-14 hours later I am going WELL over 24 hours of moderate usage. I recently went on an hour drive which required that I use the GPS for that hour with no car charger and saw no significant drop in battery.

The seller had them to me in 2 days... he must have put them in the mail as soon as I made the order. I gave the second battery to a friend with an incredible and he is seeing the same FANTASTIC results.

Don't worry that the Incredible isn't listed as a compatible phone in his listing, it works great for both me and my friend. The battery is slightly, maybe 1mm +/- thicker but the stock but cover snaps on tightly. This took my phone from being an incredible phone to being a completely usable incredible phone! 5 stars for this BARGAIN on EBay if the guy still has some.

Look for the seller: the_oem_spot on ebay.

Upvote 0
I don't think you'll be disappointed! Both of the batteries I got are holding up very well. Did you get it from OEM-Spot?

Yes I did. He didn't accept my offer, so I bought them for the 11.71. Shipping is free, so I can't complain. I use my phone to its fullest potential so I'm looking forward to seeing a difference!

Why wouldn't HTC make this the STANDARD battery???

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Anybody tried this one? Charger + TWO batteries for $10! Claims all is new. Only says its for the EVO 4G - but as far as I can tell the EVO and the Incredible use the same battery.

2x 1500mAh battery + dock charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 250641711190 end time Sep-27-10 01:08:58 PDT)

BTW - A battery tech geek could probably answer whether it is significant or not - but most of these batteries discussed are listed as Lithium-Ion, the original Incredible battery is a Lithium-Polymer.

According to this page
What is the Difference Between Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer? - Battery Education
One of the advantages of LiPo is that they are safer - i.e less prone to burst into flames!

Batteries are definitely not my area of expertise so I don't really know how significant these differences are.

Bob C

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones