1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General $15 Itian G4 battery + charging cradle / Qi wireless charger?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JBensimon, Mar 6, 2016.

1. JBensimon

JBensimon Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2014
    I can't find any review of this item anywhere (though it's sold by many vendors, including Amazon Prime). Who's going to try it first? :) [Note that although the Amazon description doesn't say it explicitly, the charging cradle bundled with the battery also doubles as a wireless charging pad, assuming you've changed your LG's back to one that supports Qi wireless charging] Too good to be true? [I'm especially wary of the battery's quality -- lots of garbage out there].

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017WCG4E4

Jacques.

Advertisement

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

3. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    Looks good, probably too good to be true, can't find it on our UK site, but there is one exactly the same by Itorrent http://www.amazon.co.uk/Itorrent-Ch...7345047&sr=8-8&keywords=lg+g4+charging+cradle, again, only £12.59. All the pictures are the same, they are the exact same, only difference, Itian have put their name on it where Itorrent haven't. I think I might buy it and see what it's like...

Edit: Forgot link

4. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
  5. JBensimon

JBensimon Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2014
    Well, I pulled the trigger and got one. Unfortunately, while the battery and cradle are (surprisingly) good, the cradle is *not* in fact also a wireless charger -- the vendor has apologized for the misleading label and promises to modify it "soon".

SavageRobot and bberryhill0 like this.
  6. alceryes

alceryes Newbie
    None

Oct 12, 2011
    I would definitely be leery of a $15 battery, especially one that comes with a wireless charging piece.
    Instead of this you could pick up the wireless charging/NFC antenna to replace the NFC only antenna on the G4's back. They are around $10, very easy to swap out, and work great (search G4 wireless charging on Amazon). My phone wirelessly charges just as quick as when I plug it in. Plus I got to keep the aesthetically pleasing black leather back (those circle cases are ugly).

7. JBensimon

JBensimon Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2014
    Well, aside from not having the wireless charging function (which as I said was a labeling error according to the vendor), the battery and charging cradle are actually very good -- the battery is at least as good as the original LG (to my surprise). Since I already have the wireless charging capability on the phone and a charging pad, I'm not complaining.

bberryhill0 likes this.

LG G4

The LG G4 was launched in 2015. It has a 5.5-inch IPS display and a 16MP camera with Laser Auto Focus and Color Spectrum Sensor. It has a 3,000 mAh removable battery and expandable storage. The G4 can be customized with 6 different leather back covers, and 3 different traditional back covers.
Tags: