1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

152 Error - Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andruoid, Aug 29, 2011.

1. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

I think I killed my phone, my fault too. :eek: Hopefully, there is a way around it.

I was playing around and wanted to briefly check something on the stock ROM so without thinking I started the RUU process. Problem is, I S-Off'ed yesterday and had a custom MTD loaded. When the RUU failed I got a Error 152 and System - Failed msg. Now I get the 4 triangles when I power up. Power + Down volume does nothing, ack. Is my Desire done for?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Flumme

Flumme Android Enthusiast

If you connect your phone to your computer using fastboot, maybe you can push the stock hboot and then the RUU...?

Can you boot to fastboot?

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

System failed is one not to worry about. Radio.failed is worse.

Did you custom mtd using custom mtds or custom hboot?

Don't forget if you altered system size. You need to put it back to stock sizes first....

4. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

With the phone unplugged I only get the black HTC screen with the 4 triangles. If I plug the phone into the laptop I see the white screen showing the customMTD on the top left, phone info below and where fastboot should be it says 'RUU' in orange. No other details are given.

crappy webcam shot;

[​IMG]

5. SUroot

Will it let you fastboot flash?

6. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Nope :(

edit: I plug in the phone via USB, turn it on, it goes to the 4 triangle screen. I disconnect the USB while turned on, it shows the screen I posted. I take out the battery, turn it on unplugged, it goes to the black triangle screen.

The only thing I have seen it react to is Android Flasher. I tried to load the default AlphaRev image, which reboots the phone but then just reverts to that screen I posted. I had to load to the stock drivers for that to even happen.

I also tried Revolutionary, which can no longer see the phone whatsoever.

Have any suggestions? :)

7. SUroot

Thats a tricky one. So theres no Hboot either?

8. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

OK, a bit of progress. Using Android Flasher i loaded RA-desire-v2.01 (came with Revoked and I forgot about it til now!) So. I'm able to get into Android System Recovery. I tried an RUU now get a 170 Error.

9. SUroot

Is that a USB error?

What was the original reason for RUUing?

10. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Yes, 170 error was USB, the RUU couldn't find the device. As for the RUU, I was wanting to compare the Droidwall on a rooted device verses a non-rooted device. Just some scans I wanted to perform.

11. SUroot

Oh ok, so not an error then.

Without hboot or fastboot, I cant see a way clear of this. if you had fastboot, you could flash hboot. With hboot you could PB99IMG.zip...

So what screen does back and power go to from off?

12. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

From off to on, no cable I get the black / triangles.
    From plugged in to USB I get black / triangles ...if I unplug USB I get that white screen RUU that was posted earlier.

I'm at a loss too, literally. I have some time today i could bring it to the shop where i bought it and see what they can do. I need a phone so if that means a new unit then I'll have to shell out the non-existant cash I have. :(

13. SUroot

The RUU didnt complete and left the device in a kind of limbo. The shop may be the best bet, but the custom hboot may get you in trouble...

14. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

I can boot into what seems to be a temp recovery by starting Android flasher and loading recovery-RA_2.0.1 ...that brings up a stock looking system recovery. From that point I've tried reloading dGB, which fails. However, it seemed to let devnull install but once I reboot I'm back at the triangles.

15. SUroot

Without fastboot or hboot access, theres really no easy way back for you. I think teh whole NAND needs to be wiped and reflashed, which is something only the professionals can do I would expect.

16. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

To add; this is what happens when I try to reinstall dGB 1.2

Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    E:Wrong digest:
    system/app/Settings.apk
    E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

17. SUroot

turn signature verification off.

18. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

It installed but after the reboot; ▲'s

19. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

I have CWM 3.0.0.5 loading via Android Flasher. Tried installing PB99IMG.zip from the sdcard, adb (via cmdline) ...no go. So close yet so far.

20. SUroot

What if you use an alpharev PB99IMG.zip to get a Hboot flashed properly? Not that I know that will work though...

andruoid likes this.
  21. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Tried the stock and sense imgs / zips from AlphaRev's site, still no luck.

The phone is only 8 months old, still under warranty. I went to the place where I bought it and they'll ship it off for free however, like you said, they'll see the pink dGB and send it right back. At this point I'd pay them $50 to do a 5min job.

The alternative I have is to pay out my remaining contract (2 years, 4 month left is way more than I can afford atm) then sign for another 3 year deal. :eek::(

22. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Ok, this is new, I flashed the stock AlphaRev image while on the black triangle screen. About to turn in for the night I pulled the USB out and the title at the top of the white screen I showed you and changes from AlphaRev_dGBrootsu too just AlphaRev.

23. SUroot

OK cool. Is everything else the same?

24. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Seems like I can only get temp recovery, as soon as I reboot its back to the black screen / HTC logo / 4 triangles.

25. SUroot

I think its deceased to be honest.... Sorry. May have to try XDA for a bit more knowledge.

andruoid likes this.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews