• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[15OCT22] AVJ3 Fold4 update. OCTOBER patch

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
Samsung are rolling out the AVJ3 update with the October security, bugfix and enhancements release for the Fold4 to the worldwide, F936B, models.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Changelog
  • October Google Security patch
  • TBA

System information

jDvWPFml.jpg

The update = F936BXXU1AVJ3

Download = TBA MB

Build date = 05 October 2022

Release date = 15 October 2022

Camera version = 12.1.01.90

One UI version = 4.1.1

Android Security patch = 01 October 2022

This is the 3rd stable update for the Fold4, F936B, model in 55 days. Average = 1 update every 18 days.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

Wow, just yesterday I received two back to back updates - AVGH and AVII, bringing my U.S. unlocked Fold 4 to the September security update. Now another one? I just checked, and it's not available for me yet... but I'll keep a lookout for it. Thanks!

I also keep an eye on the Samsung Members app, hoping to jump on the One UI 5 / Android 13 beta as soon as it opens.

Reactions: ironass and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones