1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

16gb class 2 Micro Memory card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cds36, Dec 4, 2009.

1. cds36

cds36 Member

Ive been looking at 16gb class2 micro cards for my moment, is there a huge difference in a class 2 and class 6 card? I mostly need it for music, i have a 2gb class 2 card now and it plays fine, but owuld like to add more music any thoughts ?????

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

3. NOMster

NOMster Android Enthusiast

ummm.......how do you tell which one you have? :redface

4. Talyn

Talyn Member

My 8 GB Class 6 says it right on the card.

5. Tyrahn

Tyrahn Member

The Class-6 card will be 3 times faster than the Class-2 card (6MB/s as opposed to 2MB/s). Transfer speeds are the only difference between them.

A Class-2 card is perfectly sufficient for playing Mp3 music files, the only time you would even notice the higher speed of a Class-6 card is when transferring large amounts of data onto or off from your phone. Unless you plan on storing large files on your phone, there is really no need for a high-speed card. They are designed primarily for use in digital cameras where being able to write large image files to the card quickly can be a very useful feature.

Clark

6. Jessica4332

Jessica4332 Lurker

EXTREMELY WELL SAID!! :D
    I cannot tell you how many times I have to answer this question working in Tech Support!!

7. zefie

zefie Member

Actually the class is a minimum for read, and max for write.

My Class2 sometimes get boosts to 3mb/s, but that is probably cache. As for read, I have 4 different class2 cards, read ranges from 8mb/s to 10mb/s.

The class is mainly for reading.
    With that said, my Transcend Class6 4gb card can write at 11mb/s, and read at 18-20mb/s. :)

Samsung Moment Forum

The Samsung Moment release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1440mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews