• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 16Gb Class 6 MicroSD Baragain!

I ordered this a couple of days ago (not recieved it yet though) and thought some others might be interested... especially seeen as many people seem to having problems with fakes.

Lexar 16GB MicroSDHC Card - with Reader | Ebuyer.com

I'm hoping this will be legit seen as it's from ebuyer and seems a steal for a class 6 16Gb card.

(Link to manufacturers site where it confirms it's class 6 and has an RRP for $110!!

16 GB Lexar High-Speed microSDHC )

Can someone explain to me a bit about SD cards? What's Class 6? How does it compare to Class 2? What's the best speed / card available and how does this one compare?

Ideally I'd like 32Gb, I had 16Gb in my iPhone and it wasn't really enough for me. But 32Gb cards seem really expensive, and did someone say you can only get class 2 cards in that size?

This subject really confuses me, I need someone who knows what they are talking about to say "Buy this...."

Upvote 0
Can someone explain to me a bit about SD cards? What's Class 6? How does it compare to Class 2? What's the best speed / card available and how does this one compare?

Ideally I'd like 32Gb, I had 16Gb in my iPhone and it wasn't really enough for me. But 32Gb cards seem really expensive, and did someone say you can only get class 2 cards in that size?

This subject really confuses me, I need someone who knows what they are talking about to say "Buy this...."

Class 2 is at least 2MB/s.
Class 4 is at least 4MB/s.
Class 6 is at least 6MB/s.

And so on...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help, I didn't know about the class referring to speeds. I've decided to get one of these cards as the 32GBs are only Class 2. I think speed is going to be more important with Apps on SD when Froyo finally arrives!

I don't expect it to arrive any time soon though as I opted for "Super saver" delivery, which means they use exactly the same delivery method as everyone else, but just sit on the order for 5 days!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones