• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

16gb SanDisk not readable on any device or computer anymore.....

scionbb12

Lurker
Sep 16, 2008
Hey guys has this happened to anyone? Basically last night out of the blue my music was gone on my sd card. I pulled it from the slot and put it in again and it said "card not readable" I shut down my G1 and nothing, I then installed it on my computer with the adapter and it didn't even appear under my computer. I can't reformat it cause its not readable. I cleaned it and retried the steps but no luck. I thought maybe it was my phone so I installed 2 other sd cards and the G1 read them just fine. And so did my computer. So am I stuck with a a bad SD card? Sucks cause I had all my music and pics on their. And what happens to all my amazon music I bought? I went to the amazon app on our phone and theirs no option to re-download them again...... :( :(

Hey guys has this happened to anyone? Basically last night out of the blue my music was gone on my sd card. I pulled it from the slot and put it in again and it said "card not readable" I shut down my G1 and nothing, I then installed it on my computer with the adapter and it didn't even appear under my computer. I can't reformat it cause its not readable. I cleaned it and retried the steps but no luck. I thought maybe it was my phone so I installed 2 other sd cards and the G1 read them just fine. And so did my computer. So am I stuck with a a bad SD card? Sucks cause I had all my music and pics on their. And what happens to all my amazon music I bought? I went to the amazon app on our phone and theirs no option to re-download them again...... :( :(

Your card is most likely dead. SanDisk usually has a good warranty, you can probably get it replaced. As for the music, email Amazon Customer Service and find out. You technically bought the rights to own those songs, so you should be able to redownload them.

And always perform a backup whenever you've got the chance. If you don't want to sit through an entire backup, do a baseline + incrementals. First time will take awhile, the next few times only backs up what has changed since the first (baseline). WindowsXP can do this with the Backup tool, I'm sure there are some more user friendly ones though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones