• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1700 mAh Extended battery duo!!!

Hmm some people are just here to believe that these batteries are a scam. I live in a 4g area. I went to work 100% charge. I only have htc for sense on and gmail sync on. I I used my phone less then an hour. with in 8 hours I was less then 50% that is with stock battery, with mild usage my battery would have most likely been dead already. I will take any improvement I get over stock battery. A person should not have to shut off half their features or to root the phone and flash a custom rom to get decent battery life. I can root my phone but I am not going to just do it to improve battery life, I will do it when CM 7 is available for this phone.

I welcome any improvements in battery life that this battery brings. Awake time doesn't mean your phone is not doing anything in the background.
But people always modify their their habits to extend something. They own a house and they do everything to make it more efficient with better windows, insulation, Energy saving appliances and so on. They cut the heat back to save money, Open the windows instead of running the AC.

With cars and trucks with the rise of gas prices I see people drive with a light foot to try and conserve as much gas possible.

Most of the time its our fault as we get inpatient for a new device to come out that we bitch and moan. They see this and try to rush the product out and say we will try and fix the problems later on with updates. THen when the device is launched we jump with joy and say bout time and buy the new toy. We play with it and go man battery life sucks. So many problems and we forget that we demanded the product now and they was only giving us what we wanted. So it doesnt matter if they push a release date back to fix issues or release the device with bug because they see many people demands it now or they will go to another company. We will bitch them out the same.

Upvote 0
Okay, maybe I was taking it a bit personal. But I'm just trying to help those that are debating on buying these batteries.

I just do not get why you think this is so terrible. You guys are ignoring the uptime like it does not matter and it does. Some people are reporting 8 hours of battery life without any on time.

Are you telling me that you can leave your phone on all night while you sleep and you don't get battery drain?

I just don't get your point of view.

Thanks Cavemansol, I've been keeping up with that one and definitely got a few good laughs from it. Good stuff.
I can and I do get a drain but its not massive. My Dinc would have more of a drain overnight than my Bolt.

Upvote 0
Okay, maybe I was taking it a bit personal. But I'm just trying to help those that are debating on buying these batteries.

I just do not get why you think this is so terrible. You guys are ignoring the uptime like it does not matter and it does. Some people are reporting 8 hours of battery life without any on time.

Are you telling me that you can leave your phone on all night while you sleep and you don't get battery drain?

I just don't get your point of view.

Thanks Cavemansol, I've been keeping up with that one and definitely got a few good laughs from it. Good stuff.
I get half a percent an hour drain on idle. my point is that your express battery seems to be getting worse life than my stock battery
5 hours awake and 40 hours on? were you on 4g the whole time? Were you browsing the web? Do you have the display at 10%.
I have 4g turned off as I do not have it in my area yet. display is on 30 percent. probably half of that day was internet, and the other half was talking/texting

Upvote 0
everyone has a different setup, im sure people that are getting great battery life on theirs arent running the same amount of updating widgets and arent playing angry birds as much or have less emails syncing at longer intervals etc

its doesnt matter what OTHER people are getting compared to yours really. If you get 15 hours of life out of your phone and then you put the new battery in and you consistently are getting 20 then obviously the battery is working and you should be happy. it doesnt matter if i can go twice as long on a stock battery. I went 50+ hours once on the 1800 mah with my incredible. but that was not normal for me, normally i got 18-20 or so. but that weekend i didnt go out and the phone was home on wifi the whole time and the gf was with me so i didnt need to use the phone extensively

Reactions: ahnoff and WormDoes
Upvote 0
Your right howarmat, good point.

Anyways, going to bed. Thought I would post another update. I barley used my phone this weekend but here goes...

3 email accounts set to push (Yahoo App, Google App, and Exchange email on HTC). Weather widget and facebook app.

Battery at 41%
Up Time = 34:36
Awake Time = 1:53

Voice Calls = 34%
Display = 20% (about 30% brightness)
Cell Standby = 18%
Phone Idle = 17%
Wi-Fi = 7%
Android System = 2%
Android OS = 2%

Tomorrow starts the true test when I start my work week.

Upvote 0
I get half a percent an hour drain on idle. my point is that your express battery seems to be getting worse life than my stock battery

I have 4g turned off as I do not have it in my area yet. display is on 30 percent. probably half of that day was internet, and the other half was talking/texting

Then it makes sense. I honestly don't think people should even compare 3g vs 4g results. It doesn't end
up well in threads lol. I am in 4g area and I get no where the battery life even if I don't use my phone all day. I loose about 5% every hour with my Facebook and gmail sync on. If I use the internet for an hour I can kiss my battery good bye and loose 15-20%. I will get 8-10 hours Max in 4g area if I use my phone alot but not heavily.

Upvote 0
Nor*Cal said:
Battery at 55%.
Up Time = 21:27
Awake Time = 1:08

Battery at 41%
Up Time = 34:36
Awake Time = 1:53

I'm on your side Nor*Cal and I want to believe that these batteries are better than stock... but these 2 posts are going to get you berated on this forum. The only thing people are going to see is in 13 hours and 9 minutes, you used the phone for 45 minutes.

You're right - today, and the rest of the week, will be the true test.

Upvote 0

Then why are you comparing your 3G-only experience with someone else's 4G experience? :rolleyes: It has been well established that the 4G radio is a huge battery drain when in use. If you're not even using 4G, it shouldn't be come as a surprise that you're getting better stock battery life than he is.

There's really no point in comparing your experience to someone else's if you're not even using the same base cell technology for most of your phone usage. On top of that, there are many subjective aspects to battery life which make it hard to compare individual cases even if you WERE both on 4G. Signal quality and strength also can make a large difference. Unless you want to go live in the OP's house with him and compare your experiences then, you're simply giving a VERY subjective commentary on your own experience.

All he is doing is giving a semi-qualitative evaluation of his experience with the aftermarket battery and if you don't believe that, then don't buy the battery and don't comment on an experiment that you clearly aren't involved with or have firsthand knowledge of.

Upvote 0
Then why are you comparing your 3G-only experience with someone else's 4G experience? :rolleyes: It has been well established that the 4G radio is a huge battery drain when in use. If you're not even using 4G, it shouldn't be come as a surprise that you're getting better stock battery life than he is.

There's really no point in comparing your experience to someone else's if you're not even using the same base cell technology for most of your phone usage. On top of that, there are many subjective aspects to battery life which make it hard to compare individual cases even if you WERE both on 4G. Signal quality and strength also can make a large difference. Unless you want to go live in the OP's house with him and compare your experiences then, you're simply giving a VERY subjective commentary on your own experience.

All he is doing is giving a semi-qualitative evaluation of his experience with the aftermarket battery and if you don't believe that, then don't buy the battery and don't comment on an experiment that you clearly aren't involved with or have firsthand knowledge of.

if everything is as subjective as you are trying to make it seem, then there is absolutely no point in anyone sharing their experiences with these batteries. if that is true why did you bother coming in this thread?

norcal stated that he spent that entire time in 3g:rolleyes:. whether or not he had 4g turned off has not been stated, I do not think. I do admit that I did not consider the drain difference in 3g and 4g earlier though

please show me where I said I didn't believe that he was giving a semi-qualitative evaluation of his experience with the aftermarket battery, because I do not believe I did. I was simply offering my semi-qualitative evaluation of my experience with the stock battery

Upvote 0
I can and I do get a drain but its not massive. My Dinc would have more of a drain overnight than my Bolt.

Just out of curiosity, how much would you lose with the Inc? I never lost anything over night when I had it. Like I told you, when I got my Bolt I was losing entire chunks of battery with everything off overnight. I keep it on charger overnight now for fear it'll die and my alarm won't go off.

Upvote 0
I got my batteries today. Did anyone else get one black and one white? one of my battery is black and one is red, lol. I didn't know it was going to be that way.

i got one black and one white

So did people order off the site or from the amazon seller? Or are they the same...Thanks!

they are the same

Upvote 0
Anyone saying these batteries are a scam and don't give u anymore time are full of it. I used my phone almost the exact same to a T, with the 1400 batt and my 1700 batt, and with the 1700 I had way more batt percentage at the end of the day when I got home than with the 1400. I am in a 4g area forma few hours a day, and I def sucks the batt down fast but I just turn it off unless I actually need it cause 3G is plenty fast for Facebook and getting emails etc. I have then sedio 1600 also and for me it also lasted a little longer, but I am selling the 1600 since I have the 2 1700 and the wall charger.

Upvote 0
if everything is as subjective as you are trying to make it seem, then there is absolutely no point in anyone sharing their experiences with these batteries. if that is true why did you bother coming in this thread?

norcal stated that he spent that entire time in 3g:rolleyes:. whether or not he had 4g turned off has not been stated, I do not think. I do admit that I did not consider the drain difference in 3g and 4g earlier though

please show me where I said I didn't believe that he was giving a semi-qualitative evaluation of his experience with the aftermarket battery, because I do not believe I did. I was simply offering my semi-qualitative evaluation of my experience with the stock battery

And why were you posting your semi-qualitative evaluation of your experience with the stock battery when this isn't a stock battery thread? If I'm not mistaken, this is a discussion about the 1700 mAh battery, something you have made clear you don't own and probably have no intention of owning. There are hundreds of other threads about the stock battery life on this and other forums.

My point is this: members who actually own the battery this thread is devoted to are commenting on their own experiences. You don't know what their individual experiences are with the stock battery and now the extended battery, and you have made it clear you are doing just fine with the stock battery. Why do you (and several others in here) insist on cluttering up this thread with inane and unproductive responses that do nothing but frustrate the people that are actually contributing useful information?

Since you've only been a member of these forums for a few weeks and already have a significant post count, I certainly hope that you haven't racked up your hundreds of posts commenting in a similarly disruptive and "me-too!" manner without actually contributing anything interesting or new or informative.

Upvote 0
And why were you posting your semi-qualitative evaluation of your experience with the stock battery when this isn't a stock battery thread? If I'm not mistaken, this is a discussion about the 1700 mAh battery, something you have made clear you don't own and probably have no intention of owning. There are hundreds of other threads about the stock battery life on this and other forums.

My point is this: members who actually own the battery this thread is devoted to are commenting on their own experiences. You don't know what their individual experiences are with the stock battery and now the extended battery, and you have made it clear you are doing just fine with the stock battery. Why do you (and several others in here) insist on cluttering up this thread with inane and unproductive responses that do nothing but frustrate the people that are actually contributing useful information?

Since you've only been a member of these forums for a few weeks and already have a significant post count, I certainly hope that you haven't racked up your hundreds of posts commenting in a similarly disruptive and "me-too!" manner without actually contributing anything interesting or new or informative.
if my posts are just cluttering up this thread, then yours are also, so why do you continue to post?

I'll just leave it at that, because you are just arguing yourself in circles

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones