1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support .19 Mbps??? REALLY?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by welbinator, Oct 20, 2011.

1. welbinator

welbinator Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    ok, so we all know the bionic has had 3G/LTE issues. Mostly, the issues are the 3G/LTE connection actually cutting out completely, and believe me I've experienced this quite often. But I'm now realizing the issues goes deeper than simply not having a connection sometimes. I'm finding that when I have connection, full bars even, I'm getting an average of a .2 Mbps download spead, and about a .8 Mbps upload speed.

Now before you go telling me I must be part of that 1 percent of americans that live in a bad verizon 3G spot, I will say no, I'm not part of that group. I live in a place that has always had great 3G coverage. When I had my Droid Incredible, I usually would see download speeds of over 1 Mbps, and upload speeds of about 2 Mbps.

I have a question, hopefully someone has experience with the question I'm about to ask and can answer it for me. Is there a point where I can say to Verizon, this phone is not giving me the downloading capabilities you as a carrier promise me, I want a new phone. If this OTA update that motorola and verizon are talking about in november doesn't fix my awful speed issue, or the update doesn't come, am I screwed into having this crappy ass phone for the next two years? If I wanted a wifi only device I would have bought an iPod touch and used some .01 flip phone for making calls. I'm paying out my ASS to have verizons "fastest 3G network" and I'm getting service that makes U.S. Cellular's EDGE look like fiberglass 30Mbps high speed internet.

just for fun I turned on wifi and got download speed of 7.43 Mbps and upload of 1 Mbps.

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Walk into a store, have them pull out a non BIONIC and compare speeds right beside each other

If anything will prove your phone has issues that will.