1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General 199.99 at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Josh2, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Josh2

Josh2 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Idaho
    I went to best buy today and to get the 199.99 price you HAVE to be upgrading the main line? Is this true? This is what i was told by someone working there.

Advertisement

2. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Do yourself a favor.. Order the phone from Verizon online.

I went in on the 19th and specifically asked the wireless sales girl if they would honor the new every two pricing and she said yes. So I placed the preorder and was given a 50.00 gift card to use toward the purchase. Yesterday I go in to the store to pick up the phone and I am met with a different sales person. I remind the sales person I am up for new every two on my line and he said ok. So we start talking about the phone and all is good I get the phone all programmed and hand him the 50.00 gift card and he proceeds to tell me that will be 158 please. I said my new every two gets me 50.00 off making it 149.99. He said we don’t honor new every two. I said to him just a few minutes ago I reminded you my line was eligible for new ever two and you said OK. So then I get a bit upset and said ok lets just refund the whole purchase and he says no problem but I cannot give you cash back on the gift card you will have to use it here.

Had I known that Bestbuy was not going to honor the new every two I would have preordered on the Verizon website. And on top of that Verizon has / had the SMART30 promotion going on as well. As mad as I was / am I did keep the phone but after all of that I will not be buying my electronics from them again.

3. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Quality
    Chicagoland
    I've mentioned it several times on these boards... Best Buy DOES NOT honor NE2. If some one-off guy in Best Buy does some sort of samurai match, that's still not NE2. Stick. With. Verizon. Best Buy is trouble - universally.

New Every Two - Best Buy Mobile? Community

4. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009

Thats all good but when you have a sales rep state that they will honor it and then take your cash on a pre order then at time of pickup you get told a different story and then get refused a refund on the gift card dont you think a person would get a bit upset?

5. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Quality
    Chicagoland
    Totally agree with you but crap like that is exactly why I stopped shopping there. That and them wanting $20 for a HDD cable that costs $0.99 online.