1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

1gb on cricket

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mzstaingang, Feb 10, 2011.

1. mzstaingang

mzstaingang Newbie

Hello just wondering if any has went over the 1gb of internet on cricket service if so have it slowed your phone down? Or will it even slow your phone down once you have it rooted and all that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. joser116

joser116 Guest

It doesn't slow the phone down, it slows down the Internet speeds. And the limit is 5GB. I always go over 1 GB and nothing is slowed down, but once, I went over 5GB and they did slow it down dramatically.

3. mzstaingang

mzstaingang Newbie

lol ok so how many sites is that rotfl

4. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

That depends on what's on each site. Unless you're streaming audio or video, or downloading apps from the market constantly, I can't imagine you'd hit that limit unless you were browsing 24/7.

5. joser116

joser116 Guest

IDK, I dowlload and redownload a ton of music, download long youtube videos and recovery files which is a lot of data, plus I am tethered.

6. Ladyswag

Ladyswag Newbie

:rolleyes:Wut's tethering? And can u manually check yourself how much data your using, so you kno wether our not you have went over?

7. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Not to sound clichéd,but,there's an app for that,(or 2,etc..)in the market.I would suggest d/l & using for just a few days & then 'freeze' it,or un-install, & get an idea of how much you use.The one I used kept a count, but,it seemed to bog the system down & use up precious battery resources.

8. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

According to crickets web site, the limit for android is 1gb, the 5gb is for their wireless broadband. I also went over one time, and youtube and pandora were unusable.

KOLIO likes this.
  9. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

So you probably come down to a MetroPCS level of browsing then, LOL.

10. CRUMBsnatcher

CRUMBsnatcher Well-Known Member

Tethering means you use your phone as a modem for your computer. You can use your phone's 3G to connect your computer to the internet.

11. Gmash

Just received e mail from cricket trying to sell me an ascend for $109 (whatever) but it clearly states there us a 1gb data limit

12. mzstaingang

mzstaingang Newbie

That is so sad why lie to us and make us think its unlimited so what are we really paying for?

KOLIO likes this.
  13. Gmash

They can say it's unlimited because they don't cut you off, they just slow you down. You can still go to any site, it's just slower. But yeah, it sucks to have to even think about how much data you are using when you just want to listen to pandora or watch youtube.

KOLIO likes this.
  14. joser116

joser116 Guest

I pay 10 dollars extra, not including warranty or the charge to pay the bill in a brick and mortar store. maybe that has something to do with that.

15. Kingdrew

Kingdrew Newbie

Man cricket is wrong for that

16. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

metro is wrong for that 1x..:p

17. Kingdrew

Kingdrew Newbie

Lol.. true

18. radvaz11

radvaz11 Lurker

Anyone know how to check how much data you've yoused so far? I was unaware if this and i went wayyyy past 1gb (i subscribed to a Netflix sorta thing with unlimited videos on my phone) so it be nice to check how much I've used during the month. I have the huawei ascend by the way...

19. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

You can view your CRICKET account profile online for prior months data usage. For current up-to-date data use,there are various apps in the market that will accomplish this.