1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

1st day with the Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dudditz, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Dundee
    Loving it!

Quite possibly the best device I have come across.

Spent ages on the Market getting apps and games, setting up my home screen, changing them and then changing them again :D

For all the stories about poor battery life I think that it's actually done quite well...

I fully charged it yesterday then wore it down to nothing and fully charged over night.

Today I played games on the train to work, messed about with facebook and e-mails whilst at work, spent the whole of lunch time on the apps market and then the train home was spent playing games.

On top of this I have made numerous calls and sent numerous texts as well as browsing around a fair few internet sites.

All of this from 7:30 am until now and I still have 18% battery left.

Considering I had to charge my Pixon every night I can say I ain't too concerned about the battery.

Only problem I have come across is that the alarm I set for work this morning never went :thinking:

Surely it would go off even when on charge?

Either that should I d/l another alarm clock from the market??

Advertisement

2. Dudditz

May 25, 2010
    Dundee
    Oh, also, is there an app for cutting MP3s down to make into ringtones? Or would that be better done on the computer then transferred?

3. reech

reech Guest

I think RingDroid does that for you, Dudditz ;)

Dudditz likes this.
  4. Hardcore

Hardcore Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    Costumer sales representative
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I!

I also have a Desire a few weeks ago and i

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    UK
    The alarm only works when the phone is switched on and the clock process is running

6. Yeah, if you're using a Task Manager then add the clock to the ignore function otherwise it will be killed when the phone locks and thus the alarm won't go off.

Believe me when I say I learnt this the hard way :(

Ringdroid is a brilliant little app, just like Audacity in what it does, love it.

7. galvintan

galvintan New Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Just got my Desire less than 4 days ago and I'm loving it already. Getting around the 7 home screen is so much more easier than I thought. The best part of owning the Desire is when I got it and when I did the unboxing, that's always the best part coz it makes me feel like a kid again : )

Check out my unboxing review and also some snapshots of the Desire here:
    Review : Unboxing Of HTC Desire (Part 1)bydecoding galvin

8. Dudditz

May 25, 2010
    Dundee
    Think I have the alarm sorted now, maybe....

The phone was on this morning so not that and I ain't running a task killer, not read too many good things about them.

Just got RingDroid, messing about with it just now, looks like a great little app.

9. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    UK
    Plus don't lay screen down, as people say that silences alarms

10. Doubt it...

I lay mine screen down every night (2 months now) for fear of scratching the screen if I leave it the other way up and it's had no effect on the alarm.

Tags: