• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] Bricked my KF

So i had my KF rooted and all. Started messing with it and froze it. So did a factory reset (hardboot shutdown). Turn it back on and got it stuck in the splash screen. Went into my recovery TWRP and mounted the drive to my computer and used an update to try and restore the kindle back to original state. the update completed. rebooted and same problem, but now no TWRP. Kinda sucks. All because i wanted to add boot sounds. Oh well. I'll figure something out. in any case, i realize it my fault what happened. i instead of copying a build.prop and renaming it so i could read each one i copied over the original, meant to cancel and hit yes.

Tried running adb shell, but get error: device not found. Computer recognizes the kindle on the computer, but it won't load as a storage device. All drives work properly, just can't get the device to be recognized. May have to get this factory cable. Fastboot also says waiting for device, but i assume it would if adb doesn't even detect a device

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones