1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

1st Gen. Droid X vs Droid Bionic

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Irishlord71, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Irishlord71

Irishlord71 Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Fuel truck driver
    Richmond, Virginia
    I stopped by my local Verizon store in Richmond,Va. yesterday to compare Motorola's newest machine. Keeping in mind that Richmond is not yet a 4G market, my goal was to get a level playing field comparison to my 1st gen. Droid X. The results were surprisingly not that impressive in favor of the Bionic. I simultaneously streamed video, browsed the web, and several apps to see how my X ran against the Bionic. I found that neither had an advantage over the other whatsoever. Perhaps in 4G coverage I could've witnessed the blazing speed that Verizon advertises. The only advantage to upgrading for someone in a 3G market are the peripherals and accessories available for the Bionic. Please keep in my mind that my Droid X is unrooted and this opinion is only intended to help the average Droid user decide whether to keep their current Droid or run out and get the latest and greatest thing available. Personally, I'm gonna wait until 4G comes to my area before spending the money for a phone that, aside from aesthetics and the things mentioned above, isn't any faster than my trusted Droid X.

Advertisement

2. rubiconjp

rubiconjp Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Only when Motorola switches from using PenTile LCDs in their smartphones will I consider a Motorola.

Samsung does use a PenTile arrangment in their super AMOLED display, but it is really vibrant and beautiful display. The Motorola PenTile LCDs just plain suck.