1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [1st Gen] Problem Rooting Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Frag Mortuus, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Frag Mortuus

Frag Mortuus Newbie
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Hey Guys,

I'm trying to root my Kindle Fire and I'm having some problems. I downloaded the Kindle Fire Utility and it says my device is offline. So I installed the included drivers (which installed successfully), yet I dont see my device under the device manager. Lastly, when I click on the "safely remove hardware" icon, it gives me the option to eject my kindle.

My question is does anyone know why the Kindle Fire Utility wont see my Kindle?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Keb

Keb Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2012
  3. yjkoh

yjkoh Newbie
    None

Feb 4, 2012
    what happens when you type adb and then adb devices in the command prompt? I used the Kindle fire utility, but installed the Java Developer Kit and Google Developer Kit before hand because I was going to use burrito root. there are a couple of lines you need to add to the driver and .ini files before going through with the rooting process. Not sure if KFU does that for you or not.

4. iRootForMoney

None

Feb 21, 2012
    Geek Squad!!!
    Miami, Florida
    KFU does not add all the necessary lines that you have to go in and add yourself. If I'm not mistaking I think that there is a .txt file in there KFU folder that tells you what you need to add to the files manually. If not, then head over to the XDA forums and they have a step by step guide to do it. Since they are the develpors of the KFU and everything else custom for droid. Anyways, yes you have to add lines into files and adb mode is basically the debug mode which puts your kindle into the state where it's framework and all that jazz can be modified and use for custom ROM's. If I'm making this unclear someone chime in and help please :) Thanks!