1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[1st Gen] Root After 6.2.1 Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Technipages, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Technipages

Technipages Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. foe84

foe84 Member

does this work on a mac?

3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

I rooted with 6.2 on it last night and it grabbed the 6.2.1 update this morning and does not appear to have affected anything at all. As mentioned the root method from jcase is suppose to work on anything but 6.0.

4. tbert33

tbert33 Lurker

Hi folks,

I'm having some trouble rooting my Kindle Fire. I have purchased one and had it shipped to the UK.

It is a 6.2.1 version.

I'm a complete novice at this kind of thing and im having all sorts of problems rooting my kindle but nothing seems to work. When i follow the above link and try to download jcase's Kindle Fire Root App it will not allow me to install. I have tried to download directly from Multi Upload but i'm not sure which programe i should use as when i click on 'direct download' it asks me to select a programme to use or find a programe online. Being a total looser at this kind of thing i'm unsure what i need to do. I have downloaded the SDK Manager programme and Java development programme but from there on i do not have a clue.

The above link and its directions look easy to follow only if i can sucessfully download the Kindle Fire Root App.

Can someone please put things in simple terms that a 5 year old can understand and walk me through this whole thing?

Thanks

Tom

5. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

Did you install a file exploring program like ES File or Root Explorer?

You need one of those to explore the sd card to find the download and install it. If that still leaves you lost, try downloading the .apk (choose save as in the diaglog and save it to your desktop) then move it to your kf and install it from there.

6. Chairshot215

Chairshot215 Android Expert

Worked like a charm, only hiccup was that my Kindle showed up in device manager under "Android Phone" and not other devices like was said in the video. Otherwise I had my Kindle Rooted and the Market installed in about 20 minutes. Woo Woo Woo, you know it.

7. galyad

galyad Lurker