1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[1st Gen] Took the plunge--installed JB ROM and need info

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickdalzell, Aug 19, 2012.

1. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

i finally got the courage to do this and succeeded. only now that i see the differences some things are learning experiences. first, is there any way to get my launcher button (the one that shows all my apps) back where it belongs instead of having the on-screen 'home' icon there? secondly where is my clear notifications button? i see the notifications and dozens of other oddball icons i know nothing of instead. three why does GoWeatherEX widget tell me an error has occurred in the status bar when it seems to work fine? and fourth, what can i do with Jelly Bean that couldn't be done in GB?

also, how do i space my icons further apart? i do not like how they're crammed so close

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

If you go into system settings you can turn tablet mode back on. Is that what you're talking about?

With regard to stuff looking crammed together which launcher are you using? You can change those sorts of things in your launcher settings.

3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

i had pictures but someone seems to have removed them from this thread. the icon spacing is too close together. it's the stock launcher i think, called Nova? either way i am not very happy with it. while JB is very neat looking and game performance seems way better, the instability, severe memory usage and boot loops after charging are unacceptable. plus too many things about it are so far from the GB i learned to love and get used to irk me. the instability reminds me of Eclair. i hope i can find a GB ROM for it

there is no 'tablet' mode in system settings.

what i mean is the layout stock GB looked like. with the app drawer, browser at the bottom, instead of upper right corner where it is unseen, my 'clear' button for notifications, and the removal of 'animated' notifications. all tricks i found to remove animations do nothing. currently there are three icons in place of my normal location for the launcher and browser, with a go back icon, home icon, and multitask icon.