1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips 1st person to try this gets an HTC ONE X unlock code for free

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnnyjohnny, May 3, 2012.

1. johnnyjohnny

johnnyjohnny Newbie
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    i paid for an unlock code last night from american unlocker for $15...my problem was the wrong tmobile micro sim card in my phone, so i haven't used the code...first person who wants to try it, i'll forward their email with the code and instructions to you...

be warned the HTC one x is a bitch to use on the tmobile network because you need an older micro sim card (or cut an older sim card) that is non-GBA. tmobile has no idea what is and isn't GBA, so you tell by the four digit code next to the pink T on the card. current GBA micro sims from tmobile have the number 50.05 on them...you need an older one that very few stores have with the code 50.01.

anyway, first responder to this thread i'll send the code and email from american unlocker... best, johnny

Advertisement

2. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Unlock codes are device specific. You had to send the unlocked your IMEI number, and anyone else's phone will not have the same one, therefore the unlock code won't work. Your only choice is to apparently find the card you need as the code is for your phone only.

3. johnnyjohnny

johnnyjohnny Newbie
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    that's right, i did supply the imei...thought it was proof of purchase for this model...oh well...i tried...

Tags: