1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

1st smartphone, lots of learning

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dewdle, Apr 15, 2012.

1. dewdle

dewdle Lurker

I've been house-wife'ing the last few years, when smartphones were crazy expensive, so just put off buying one until prices came down. After reading many negative reviews of the CDMA phones offered with the many kinds of "unlimited plans", I decided to buy a Samsung Dart. I'm sure there's a gazillion better choices, but price was my number one factor. Besides, quite a few wifi-only wrote they like the Dart as a beginner phone.

So far I've only used it via Wifi on our home network. Next I hope to hook it up to my ISP's public hotspots, figure out how to setup a frugal+reliable VOIP system, as well as figure out a reasonably priced cell-plan (currently studying if I'll have to learn to unlock it - so far it's looking like a yes :))

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Hello and welcome aboard. It's great to have you here and I hope these forums serve you well. We do have a discussion area just for your Dart. You will want to give it a look and see what the other users have to say. You might pick up some tips and tricks there and support if you have any problems. If nothing else you should enjoy meeting the other users that chose to get a Dart. I hope you enjoy and here is a link to the Dart area. Samsung Dart - Android Forums

dewdle likes this.
  3. dewdle

dewdle Lurker

Thanks OlBriar! I did find the Dart section, including the Root area for it. It was helpful, now I have root, hurray! So far, studying about how to get it took a lot longer than actually doing it :D

Thanks for the welcome!