• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 1st time Rooter Newbie

RuthlessGK

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
Just thought I would say hello as I looked at the forum for the 1st time in the early hours of this morning and decided to root it using the ACE hack tool which tbh worked brilliantly so big thanks to the guys that made that tool and the mod who put the sticky up at the top regarding what ROMs are most popular etc.
I installed the CM7 first and it lukd ok quite nice but I do like the sense UI tbh so I then used Android Revolution which I do like but the problem I am getting is that it doesn't seem to be saving a couple of my settings such as taking the tactile feedback off and also the lock screen as the pull ring does my head in when trying to answer phone calls.
Cheerz in Advance
Zaff

It's the bit where when someone rings you have to move the ring onto the answer call button but in theory it looks cool but I don't like it as I just want to be able to press answer without fiddling about.
Also one of the things that I was disappointed with in regards to the cm7 ROM was that it didn't have the intelligent dialling where you can either just type the name of the person you want to ring or even as you start typing in the number it fetches up a list of matches.
Zaff

Edit - I'm an idiot you only have to pull the circle up the screen to answercalls lol.
My mistake

Upvote 0
It's the bit where when someone rings you have to move the ring onto the answer call button but in theory it looks cool but I don't like it as I just want to be able to press answer without fiddling about.
Also one of the things that I was disappointed with in regards to the cm7 ROM was that it didn't have the intelligent dialling where you can either just type the name of the person you want to ring or even as you start typing in the number it fetches up a list of matches.
Zaff

Edit - I'm an idiot you only have to pull the circle up the screen to answercalls lol.
My mistake
No probs mate, either that or drag the decline or answer icon into the ring:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones