1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

1Weather Widget?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Jason Paul, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Jason Paul

Jason Paul Newbie

I just got a Galaxy S5 and didn't find a weather app already on it, which seemed weird. So, I downloaded the 1Weather app after seeing it recommended fairly often.

It seems to be working, but the only thing I see on my home page is the tiny temperature in the top left. I have to open the app to see the full weather.

I checked settings and don't see anything about a widget. I did find a post online about this, and one answer was that the app has to be on the device rather than the SD card for the widget to work.

I don't know enough about Android to do this. I just downloaded the app to wherever it defaults to.

So, do I need to move the app for the widget to work? If so, how do I do that?

My old phone (HTC Evo 3D) came with basic weather info on the home page. That's what I want - to see temp, high & low, general conditions, in one place without having to open the app. That's a widget, right?

Thanks,
    Jason

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

The temperature in your notification bar is configured in your notifications section of 1Weather. This isn't the widget.

To place the widget on your home screen, go into your apps list. There should be an icon on your home screen that looks like a bunch of dots called, "Apps". Tap on it and you should see a list of apps. The top should show a tab called, "Apps" and another tab called, "Widgets". Tap on Widgets. You will see a list of widgets form the various apps and widgets you have on your phone. Look for the 1Weather widgets. There are many of them. Tap and hold on the widget. The screen will change to the home screen and you should be able to drop the widget on your home screen.

3. Jason Paul

Jason Paul Newbie

Thanks. It didn't quite work that way for me, but helped me figure it out.

I don't have tabs at the top of my apps list, but there's a menu at the top. Nothing there either really, but I clicked on Help. There was a help for widgets that says to touch & hold on the home screen and I'll get options to place things there. One option is widgets. Clicking that shows me all apps with widgets, and 1Weather was there.

Thanks,
    Jason