1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support 1X,3G Signal Strenght DX

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Watson111505, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Watson111505

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Ops Engineer Sr
    Tx
    Anyone else know of a problem with the DX constantly loosing 3G and staying on 1X...for about 2 weeks now my X keeps doing this.
    Thanks to all who reply.!!!!!

Advertisement

2. Pointguard1122

Pointguard1122 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I am not sure why this happens. I work downtown denver and this is constantly happening to mine. My buddies Droid1 shows 3G almost all the time. I can set our phones side by side and this still happens.

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    *228 lately?

4. cynkrzy

cynkrzy Active Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Central Coast, Ca.
    Right after I bought my X I got a call from a regional sales mgr regarding a comment I made on their survey. I had noticed that I would lose all or almost all signal at home on weekend mornings, his explanation was they were testing their new 4g network and that was causing the problem I was experiencing.

No way to know if it's true, the real reason or what., but that's what he said.

5. WTF

WTF Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Mile High City
    I'm in the southern Denver area and I see 3G pretty much all the time. Sometimes if I'm in a car along the foothills on 470 the signal will intermittently go between 1X and 3G, but stationary in Denver its pretty solid. I do the *228 update often - perhaps that may help?

6. khsjsilver

khsjsilver Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010

The inability of the Droid X to hold a 3g signal is a known issue with this phone that many Droid X owners have been experiencing. Unfortunately, Motorola refuses to officially acknowledge that this phone has this problem. I you go the the Motorola Owner's Forum, it is a big topic of conversation.

Don't believe anyone that tells you that the problem is with Verizon's 3g signal. I have a Verizon Blackberry for my work email. I can hold the Blackberry in my left hand and my Droid X in my right. The Droid X constantly loses the 3g signal dropping to 1x while the Blackberry never waivers off 3g.

There are many problems that people have experienced with the Droid X. I feel that this is the most frustrating one and there are no work arounds for it. I also fear that this will never be fixed by Motorola.