1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

1X in Phoenix, AZ 5/20/2011

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cwescapexlt4x4, May 20, 2011.

1. cwescapexlt4x4

Good morning all,

Is anyone else having the issue of 1X in Phoenix, AZ 5/20/2011?
    -> I know how to change the mode, but curious is this is a phone, local or national issue right now.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. little_ricky

little_ricky Lurker

My phone's been 1x all day today. I'm in the Cincinnati area.

3. slimjoe

slimjoe Well-Known Member

4G in central Jersey so far this morning.

4. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member

Cleveland, OH area - I usually have 4G / 3G, but for the last 2 days I've been on 1X and 3G. WTF are they doing? I'm really getting tired of this phone.

5. bezerk19

bezerk19 Android Enthusiast

4G all day in San Antonio, TX

6. vnyislesv

vnyislesv Well-Known Member

I have my phone working for 30 minutes, I was full 4g, then 1/2 4g, now 1x for 10 minutes. Is there any way to find out wtf is going on?

7. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert

I'm not in a 4G area, but my phone was losing it's 3G connection with regularity all of a sudden. Going from 1X to 3G to none, and around and around. Called Verizon to see if there were any network issues in my area. There weren't, but rep suggested I take out battery AND SIM CARD for a few minutes. Since then, no problems. Maybe it will help you guys. She said removing SIM Card for a period of time cured many of the network related problems.

8. vnyislesv

vnyislesv Well-Known Member

I'm back on 4G, pretty much right after I posted that. Since the phone was wiped, now its downloading the new software... 35mb in under 2 minutes. Pretty good I'd say.

Now lets prey I DON'T have the reboot issue...

edit; just read the LTE antenna is under the battery cover. Well there was my problem, I took it off to check and see if the memory card was in and never put it back...!! DUH!!

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews